if i want to update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
should i just restore and update even though i have 3rd party application? can anyone help me idk if i should update it because i have3rd party applications

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No restore required, the updating process includes a restore.

Note that if you are running firmware 1.0.2, and are upgrading to firmware 1.1.1, you will still be able to use third-party apps.

But if you are using firmware 1.1.1, and upgrading to 1.1.2, first install Okto Prep from Installer, then update, and then you will be able to jailbreak again. If you do not install Okto Prep, you will not be able to jailbreak your phone.

-John

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
The if I already did what do I have to do

restore required, the updating process includes a restore.

Note that if you are running firmware 1.0.2, and are upgrading to firmware 1.1.1, you will still be able to use third-party apps.

But if you are using firmware 1.1.1, and upgrading to 1.1.2, first install Okto Prep from Installer, then update, and then you will be able to jailbreak again. If you do not install Okto Prep, you will not be able to jailbreak your phone.

-John

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I have 1.0.2 so how do I make sure I update to 1.1.1 and not to 1.1.2 when i select "update" on iTunes ?
Ok so go to modmyiPhone.com the go to dowload and the go to firmeware the download 1.1.1. On iTunes your gonna press and hold shift and click restore then look for the firmware were e we you saved it at and that should work