If its unlocked how can it tell what SIM is in it?

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
I have a 8gb 2G iPhone that WAS Jailbroken and unlocked using quickpwn with 2.1 firmware with a AsiaCell prepaid SIM. While traveling overseas I restored to the stock 2.1 firmware and had the international plan turned on with my AT&T sim.

Now when I jailbrake and unlock (using 2.1 or 2.2) and try to use my AsiaCell SIM the phone says "Different SIM detected"

How can the phone tell the SIM is different if it is unlocked?

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Nobody has any ideas? I am the only one this has happened to?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Now if you tried 2.2 I think that means the baseband has now been changed. Even going back to 2.1 it will (the baseband) not revert back. Knowing this, and the fact that you do have the phone tied with ATT, you might be out of luck. Hopefully someone else will help out here. Good luck

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
it started doing this with 2.1 and I tried 2.2 to fix it but no luck, I got the same results

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
What program are you using to jailbreak? Also you might try jailbreaking and unlocking again.

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
What program are you using to jailbreak? Also you might try jailbreaking and unlocking again.
I am using Quickpwn and I have redone it so many times it's not even funny. Thanks for your reply thou.

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
This thing is still not working, I just JB and unlocked using QuickPwn 2.2 and I get this.

See how I have service with AsiaCell but the phone detected the different SIM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Try using PwnageTool. I had a similar problem, and it was fixed by unlocking with that.

iClarified has a tutorial for it.

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Isn't Pwnage Tool and WinPwn the same?

I'm searching iClarified now.

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Ok, so I need to get a Mac to unlock my phone, Pwnage is for Mac only I am using Windows. Dang!

rup

Jan 1, 2009
Did you try to activate it in iTunes with the new AsiaCell SIM? Had an issue with ATT iPhone SIM to T-moble SIM. Used iTunes to activate it with the new T-moble SIM and it worked. Let me know......

I have a 8gb 2G iPhone that WAS Jailbroken and unlocked using quickpwn with 2.1 firmware with a AsiaCell prepaid SIM. While traveling overseas I restored to the stock 2.1 firmware and had the international plan turned on with my AT&T sim.

Now when I jailbrake and unlock (using 2.1 or 2.2) and try to use my AsiaCell SIM the phone says "Different SIM detected"

How can the phone tell the SIM is different if it is unlocked?

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Did you try to activate it in iTunes with the new AsiaCell SIM? Had an issue with ATT iPhone SIM to T-moble SIM. Used iTunes to activate it with the new T-moble SIM and it worked. Let me know......
When do you "activate" it After unlocking? I know in some of the old programs you did, but the new ones don't.

I'm using QuickPwn and the only time you activate the phone in that process is when you restore it to stock/default settings and iTunes would definitely detect a different SIM in it then.

But what would happen if I tried to activate my phone with the Asiacell SIM in it and it is NOT unlocked?

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
UPDATE!

If I restore my iPhone in iTunes using a custom made 2.0.2 firmware I made a while back with winpwn the phone works, but I can't restore it because all my backups are from 2.2.

So I tried to re do it using QuickPwn and 2.2 and it's a no go it still does "Detected Different SIM"

This is Odd!

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Fixed it using this
http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=1437199

download patched lockdown file from here:

File no longer available.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

SSH into phone using cyberduck/WinSCP

1. navigate to to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy lockdown folder to your desktop (for backup just in case)

2. delete that folder from phone

3. unzip downloaded patched file and upload to phone to replace the folder you just deleted

4. navigate into patched folder and make sure file permissions are set to 644 for all files

5. reboot phone...

NO MORE "Detected Different SIM" IN 2.2!