If not iPhone then what

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jdyson209

Mar 10, 2007
since many people feel that the iPhone cost to much what other phone would you buy thats out right now? Hows the blackjack?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
If you are interested in looking at other phones, check out this article. I am not sure how many of these phones are vaporware or will make it to the states, but it should give you a starting point. For me, the iPhone is still the best fit for me mobile needs :).

Mar 19, 2007
The iPhone is the only one I'm excited about right now. The black jack is more for businesss, it's an ok phone with an ok camera though.

I guess you should weigh what features you want in a phone, music, camera, internet, texting etc. and see which phones come up best in reviews.

Mar 22, 2007
Thanks Wot_fan for the link to the article. There are some great phones on the site. The Samsung is the best but honestly and truly I am sold to the iPhone. It seems to incorporate the best of everything right now. It would be nice for the iPhone to increase its memory and camera from 2-at least 4 or 5 mpeg and allow for video as well. A flash would be nice also. I wonder if they will have some sort of screen which will prevent smudges on the screen from touching or will I be constantly wiping it before and after every use.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
If you are interested in looking at other phones, check out this article. I am not sure how many of these phones are vaporware or will make it to the states, but it should give you a starting point. For me, the iPhone is still the best fit for me mobile needs :).
Looks to me like most of these are still just artists' renderings. Walk into most any product design firm and you can find a couple dozen of these laying around or tacked up on a wall. The only credible product (near to market) is the Prada. The Samsung might be somewhat real. I'd venture to guess everything else in that article is not even past the initial concept phase.

We might see that Meizu thing in Asia but I bet all the guts of it are going to be awful. (OS, Apps, basic interface...)

Color me scheptical but I don't think we'll ever see any of these at market other than the Prada and Samsung.