If Safari isn't your default browser, what might make you change your mind?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Rafagon, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

One of the main reasons I don't use Safari on OS X is because I hate its tab design. I like the fixed size of the tabs in Chrome, and this makes for easy closing of multiple tabs by clicking on the "X" control, which remains in the same spot as you close tabs and the remaining tabs slide leftward. In Safari, if you have x tabs open, each tab is 1/x the width of the application window. Each time you close a tab, the location of the "X" control to close tabs on the remaining tabs changes horizontally.

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Nothing that I can think of right now. I have tried Safari so many times when friends / colleagues tell me 'Dude, the latest version is so much faster', and every time I still find that Chrome kicks its arse up and down the block.

At this point I'd far rather see Apple allow us to choose alternate default browsers on iOS than think of ways the desktop app could work better for me.

3. aknightstale41

Gold

Call me weird but I like Safari, it's my favorite browser...
    If I'm not mistaken when you right-click on a tab in Safari there is an option that says "close other tabs" but the present one, seems like a quick way to close all the tabs except the one your in.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List