i want a completely new iPhone
iPhone v.2
with a new camera
a new GUI
better battery new everything
Good Day

H

Hayesimus

agreed. but i wouldn't get my hopes up. then we will only be disappointed...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'll take just 3G. It will make a huge difference in many applications.
I've used an AT&T 3G device before and it was a major difference from using a previous generation one.

I'd love to see some of those other features somewhere down the road as well, but 3G plus the 2.0 firmware and Exchange support will be a huge leap forward and more than good enough for me for now ...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
if it is JUST 3g, I'm keeping what I have. Edge is quite satisfying in Savannah, anyway. No sense giving Steve Jobs another several hundred bucks if he's not going to earn it...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i really really want gps .. after playing with the voyager.. i want gps step by step now

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I don't know much about Apple's ways like most of you do, but I wonder if they'd add some of the features we've been wanting to the 3g which will never be available on the current iPhone?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just another couple of weeks and we should all know exactly what to expect.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i too wonder will they add mms .. they don't have to but we want it... i mean look how long it took for the right click mouse..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
None of the new features that have been mentioned (even the ones beyond 3G and GPS) are must-haves for me. I'm bathed in WIFI most of the day, but am otherwise content with edge speeds here in Philly.

5MP camera would be sweet and desirable, imo, but it ain't gonna happen.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'm definitely interested in the 3g, but also intrigued by the possibility of this second camera for video conferencing being rumored numerous times.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Hello Sir,
glad to see most of you feel like i do
i admit that all of they hype and speculation
has been on our end and not mr.jobs
since the new iPhone hasn't been anounced yet
so if we get let down Apple could just say ..
"hey we never even said anything about a new iPhone"
but putting that aside,
i feel if the only upgrade is "3g" that it doesn't even merit
a new iPhone release
that seems like a service AT&T can provide
like you bring your iPhone in and say , "can i have this 3g please"
they take your iPhone throw a 3g chip in it and give it back
ok i am rambling now but........
at least 32 gb , better camera, and a different look to diferentiate (i know i didn't spell that rite) this 3g iPhone from the old one
ohh and they better call it the iPhone 2
that is all
GOOD DAY

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
i don't see much big changes coming out.. it would seem smarter to hold out on a REAL v2 rather than this upgrade speeds.. but i will say that with 3G putting GPS wouldn't be a shock to me..

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am pretty content with edge too (I am actually agreeing with OJ). If it is only 3g I will keep my current iPhone, but if it has a bunch of new cool features I will consider buying a new one. I know I have sounded like a broken record since July but I also (like JJv) would like MMS,copy and paste too, if it doesn't have this then I don't think I would even bother.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
yeah im only hoping that the 3G's service doesn't increase the overall iPhone plan. I don't have an iPhone yet but with the next month( I start my first job), ill have one and will only tolerate paying no more than 80 dollars a month, cause I need either the 1500 text or unlimited text

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I don't need 3G. I need EDGE or the internet apps to improve their performance on EDGE. Mail hangs something fierce and is almost unusable on EDGE. Safari could use some optimizing to help make EDGE more bearable.

I don't need a higher MP camera. I need the current camera to handle lighting, movement, and artifacts better, be quicker, offer options, and add some video capabilities. When the conditions are perfect the pictures are very nice.

I'm not sure why you'd want a new GUI. This one is very new and has a lot of growth left in it.

I'm really looking forward to the huge world of native applications making it so much more useful. This will add much more value than if there was a hardware upgrade with no new apps.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm hoping for 3G, some GPS and 32 GB. I've run out of space on my 8 for just music and need something a bit bigger. I might go for a new 16 GB 3G but only time will tell for that.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
if it is JUST 3g, I'm keeping what I have. Edge is quite satisfying in Savannah, anyway. No sense giving Steve Jobs another several hundred bucks if he's not going to earn it...
"Stands up and gives OJsakila a big round of applause"

I really hope Steven has earned my money this time around.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I'm pretty happy with the UI. Maybe some different customization options, but for me it works great and is intuitive.

I'd like to see 3G with 32GB and file management. I'd take 16GB, but I could really use the space if I can actually access it in a flexible manner.

I would love to see GPS integrated into GMaps, but it isn't a deal breaker, and unless they have found some sort of super battery, I doubt we'll see it in V2. Too much power consumption for a cell radio, wifi radio, BT radio, 3G reception, AND a GPS chip... I'd rather have all the above without GPS than have to sacrifice ANY of the above. I'd actually be thrilled if they would just make the BT stack work with all the BT GPS receivers out there. That would be a great compromise...

I'd also really like to see A2DP in the BT stack this time. That was a ridiculous omission.

My poor iPhone looks like it's been rolled down a mountain, so I'm pretty certain I'll be getting one - as long as I can get at least 16GB and 3G. That said, we're over a year past when I was assured we'd be getting 3G and it still hasn't gotten any closer; nor will anyone even speculate beyond "...we should have it by the end of the year..."