If the iPhone were at 100% how would you feel?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I know this probably isn't the case, but let's pretend the software for the iPhone will not be updated. MMS will never come. Video, IChat, speaker volume and all else is EXACTLY the way it will always be. No software updates, no ring tones, etc. How would you feel? Would you be happy? I for one would not be satisfied. I am keeping the phone in hopes that this speaker volume thing will be addressed. That other ringtones will be available. If I were to keep this phone the way that it is I would have to give it a 6. And, I would regret cancelling my GPS on my BB 8800.....

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
assuming some of tbe bugs are fixed (not features added) I would be satisfied. It has already exceeded my expectations. Could it be better? Yes. Does it need customizable ring tones and mms to be an excellent device? Not in my book.

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
assuming some of tbe bugs are fixed (not features added) I would be satisfied. It has already exceeded my expectations. Could it be better? Yes. Does it need customizable ring tones and mms to be an excellent device? Not in my book.
It just need the speaker to be louder, but this is essential to a revolutionary phone don't you think? Ringtones would be nice too

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
yeah as a phone it is a 10 in my book but as a device I gave it an 8. Itbeats thepants off any phone out there

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
yeah as a phone it is a 10 in my book but as a device I gave it an 8. Itbeats thepants off any phone out there

You really think that as a phone it beats all the others? Did I read that correctly? Just the basic phone features? Your phone rings loud enough? Wow. Maybe I got a bad phone then.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I love it as is. I also think it is the best phone i have ever had. Yes louder rings and ringtones, mms would make it better, but iam happy now. Kinda like my z06, i loved it stock but put a blower on it and it get that much better:)

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
If the iPhone were frozen in time where it is and no new abilities or features then no way. I would just continue to suffer with my PDA's and Blackberries.

That being said, we all know that the iPhone will be updated, it has a real OS, and will be pretty wide open as far as a system going forward. So what it offers today is just a tantalizing sample of what this "phone" is capable of doing. So you should take heart that your investment is preserved, and that the abilities that your hoping and wishing for will be available.

So don't sweat it and what if it to death. Enjoy what you can do today, and how it can make enhance your phone, internet, media experience... More good stuff is on the horizon. This phone already has changed the way we think about phones... Imagine what the phone/pda landscape will look like in 2 to 3 years? There is no going back.

GuyFawkes

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I'll still give it 10. By the end of the month I'll fix myself, with or without Apple's help.

Hacking is to unlock the full potential of the phone and does not always involve stealing.

WM6 here I come, just kidding.