If you are camping, what are you bringing and when do you plan on getting there?

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
Such as entertainment, foods, drinks, and idk even entertaining people, i'm taking my younger brother, nothing is funnier than a red bulled up 7 year old at 5 in the morning

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
Im not really campning, but I'll likely get to the store at around 5am., if there are already people there, i'll wait. I'll have my purse stuffed with some snacks, and probably bottled water. Besides that, maybe a couple fold up chairs. Entertainment? Playing collapse on this POS razr i've had to carry since breaking my phone. I'll be SO happy to chunk this thing in the trash (and immediately try and find an app for collapse on my iPhone!)

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
If you guys plan on camping out for longer a few hours, I'd seriously consider bringing a lawn chair. I was out for 24 hours waiting for the first version and at first thought it might be stupid and cumbersome to bring it.

WRONG. Best decision ever. (I did decide to take it, just had doubts at first)

Also... make friends with people in line. You WILL want someone to hold your place when you have to take a leak only 1 hour into your 12 hour wait.

Luckily the people in line were entertainment enough for me, but it wont hurt to take items to keep you occupied (I guess this is a duh).

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This is like a year old thread lol, but...

I actually brought 2 extension cords, and power strips to supply power for people in line to charge their many electronic devices, and I plugged them into an outlet we found hidden in the bushes (outdoor mall), but security came out shortly after (had been watching us on cameras) and made me take it down, saying it was a liability issue if someone tripped over the cord and got hurt. (I had it up against a wall out of the way, but whatever. It was a good idea anyway.

But definitely +1 on the chairs. I actually brought a sleeping bag as well which definitely was worth it's weight in gold. And if you don't have friends with you, definitely try to make some, because you will want to use the restroom. Snacks were also a really good idea. I also had some movies on my old iPhone and some portable battery power speakers to share sound. (and headphones in case no one else is interested in your movie)

Definitely a fun experience, and I'm looking forward to doing it again this year.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I went to an AT&T store, so the wait wasn't as long as an Apple Store. Total wait time was about 3 hours. AT&T handed out water bottles. I didn't bring anything but my wallet and my phone. The only thing I wished I had brought, was a folding chair.

bobinjeff

Jun 17, 2009
Mid-MO
I'd like to get there early enough to get a handicap parking space which just happen to flank the front doors. I'll just lower my wheelchair lift, and that should pretty much place me right at the front door. Hey, and since I'm always in a chair, this is one of those times it's great being a gimp! If there's no one there, I'll just kick back on the rear couch of the van till a croud arrives. Now, what kind of muchies shall I take? There's times I'd love a really fun two seater with the top down, but this time my over-sized barn on wheels pays - at least so far as comfort goes.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm going at 5:00, camping out in my vehicle outside the AT&T and jumping as soon as I see a line forming. It sounds like they're not going to allow much of a line to form before 7:00 anyway.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Do you guys think it'd be too weird to go around 2/3pm tomorrow? I talked to an employee at the Apple Store a week ago and asked how soon we could line up and said "I dunno, Thursday?"

Sooooo I think that's my plan :cool:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You can go for it, but I don't think that's necessary this time around. Unless ya wanna just for fun.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm going at 5:00, camping out in my vehicle outside the AT&T and jumping as soon as I see a line forming. It sounds like they're not going to allow much of a line to form before 7:00 anyway.
You're hitting up an AT&T right Dave?

I'm thinking of following the same mindset. If I get there and there are a few people in line already, I'll hop in behind. If not, I'll wait until someone else shows.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
You're hitting up an AT&T right Dave?

I'm thinking of following the same mindset. If I get there and there are a few people in line already, I'll hop in behind. If not, I'll wait until someone else shows.
Yeah, Im in the same situation because I hope Im not the first one there... that area can be spooky and nasty at night by who is crawling around at like 5am!

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Just checked my Apple store.. No one's waiting in line yet so i think I'm just gonna wait until later this evening before I go out there.