If you are having problems with Leopard post them here! Read for more

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 29, 2007
I have been having a lot of problems with my computer and I have talked to Apple on the phone for a countless amount of hours from phones to computers and etc.

Anyways today I got a call from Apple, kinda weird getting a call, but they sent me a brand new computer and said I want you to try this computer out and write us back a review on all the errors. They know I am a picky person when it comes to technology and I will get them for anything wrong. So I am having to write an extensive review on the problems in Leopard.

It is quite long but so far I have only been focusing on a few things and I need your input on anything that is wrong with Leopard on your computer.

-iChat on Leopard will not screen share, video chat, or audio chat using a MBP. It will work on Tiger and on Macbooks and iMacs but this is my 3rd MBP and no success.

-Email syncing is doubling up

Any more things I should check on and write about please tell me.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm on an Alu iMac, the ones that would basically FREEZE when it decided it wanted to. Anyway, since the software update my iMaccy has been solid nigh perfect.

The ONLY thing I have noticed, and I'm not even sure it's OS related, is that my Dock background will disappear after running Handbrake overnight ripping movies. I've seen it happen 2 times, and restarting Finder does not fix it. Both times I was using Handbrake, and I have not seen that error when I haven't been using it, which is why I'm not sure its entirely Leopard's fault.

Some people get stuck with the Setup Assistant Screen loop on startup after performing Leopard software updates, that's probably the only other thing I've heard about to be honest, lol. That one is fixed by booting into safe mode, and then restarting back into normal mode.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm have successfuly installed Leopard on my Mac Mini, with a processor speed of 1.66 GHz. I have had no issues whatsoever with Leopard on this machine; I did have the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) after Installation, but I easily got rid of that with the fix form Apple.

However, I went through a nightmare when I tried to Install Leopard on my MacBookPro. I put in the disk, and it started up perfectly. Then the install got stuck and 58 minutes remaining. It sat like that for an hour, and I was forced to manually eject the disk. At this point the machine froze, and I rebooted it. I started up as if it was running Leopard; the login window was sitting in front of the Space wallpaper instead of the Blue Wallpaper. However, both my account has disappeared. I tried everything from starting up in Target mode with the other Mac to taking the thing apart. Nothing worked. I ended up sending it to Apple, racking up a bill of $509. See my thread on it.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Here's a problem I've been having with Leopard on my 2.2Ghz MacBook Pro:

When waking from sleep by opening the lid, it sometimes takes a very long time for the screen to turn on. The keyboard lights up right away though. Sometimes the screen never wakes up and I have to force shutdown and restart.

And, sometimes when waking from sleep, I get a very jumpy cursor and have to restart to get it back to normal. I've heard this has something to do with Airport?

Anyhoo, those are a couple of things you might want to look for