If you are jealous of everyone on 3.0 beta, and want to load it yourself...

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
First, you need to obtain a copy of the 3.0 beta firmware file. Please don't PM me asking for it, my PM gets full too quickly with these requests. The answer is torrent - just google around till you find it. That's really all I did. And if you don't know what torrent is, once again, google and learn.

Then, you need to be added as a beta tester or iTunes will brick your phone. Here are three developers I know are looking for beta testers, just email them and they will tell you what you need to do (these two have personally told me that they are ok with their emails being posted):

chiclaso@gmail.com
taewing509@yahoo.com

Once you have the firmware file and have been approved as a beta tester by a dev, go ahead and open iTunes, hold Shift (Option on a Mac), hit Restore, find the 3.0 firmware file, and load it up. All should be well!

P.S. Don't post a link to a torrent or you will be banned. Also, if you are willing to pay the $100 to join the developer's program and will need beta testers, please PM me so I can add your email to the above list.

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
If no joy with the above... I might be able to help... but as its mid-night here, I'm off to bed!

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
<permission pending> helped me out, Great person to deal with. Im not picking favorites just writing a quick review.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
what's wrong with posting a link to a torrent?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Are they ok with you posting their emails? The bots are gonna spam them. You should use AT instead of @ and DOT instead of "."

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's against forum policy. Look, I'm just telling people to search popular torrent sites in hopes of preventing links from being posted.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
You might also include that the divice ID must be entered...I entered incorrectly.....and screwed every thing up!

First, you need to obtain a copy of the 3.0 beta firmware file. Please don't PM me asking for it, my PM gets full too quickly with these requests. The answer is torrent - just google around till you find it. That's really all I did. And if you don't know what torrent is, once again, google and learn.

Then, you need to be added as a beta tester or iTunes will brick your phone. Here are three developers I know are looking for beta testers, just email them and they will tell you what you need to do:

<permission pending>

Once you have the firmware file and have been approved as a beta tester by a dev, go ahead and open iTunes, hold Shift (Option on a Mac), hit Restore, find the 3.0 firmware file, and load it up. All should be well!

P.S. Don't post a link to a torrent or you will be banned. Also, if you are willing to pay the $100 to join the developer's program and will need beta testers, please PM me so I can add your email to the above list.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Alright, I'm not editing anymore here... I don't think it's wise that we put these guys' email addresses up here, whether they're willing participants or not. I'd really rather people deal with this through the chatroom or somewhere else.

I understand it's an 800-lb gorilla we're trying to avoid here, but everyone's help is appreciated. No one knows how Apple is going to react to all this yet.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Are they ok with you posting their emails? The bots are gonna spam them. You should use AT instead of @ and DOT instead of "."
They posted their emails in other iPhone forums on the Internet using the @ sign, so I'm sure they're ok with it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sorry guys, but I had to remove the emails. I don't care if these Developers are giving out their emails elsewhere, the fact is that you don't have their permissions to give them out here. Send me a PM with proof that they gave you permission (a screenshot of an email, etc.) and you're free to post them.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Sorry guys, but I had to remove the emails. I don't care if these Developers are giving out their emails elsewhere, the fact is that you don't have their permissions to give them out here. Send me a PM with proof that they gave you permission (a screenshot of an email, etc.) and you're free to post them.
I emailed them. An EiC user just PMed me wanting his email up there, should I just him PM you instead so you can add it?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I emailed them. An EiC user just PMed me wanting his email up there, should I just him PM you instead so you can add it?
Sure thing. A screenshot, a forward, whatever, just as long as it can prove to me that you have permission. You can add them yourself, just as long as the addresses correspond to the PM's you've sent me.

By the way, thanks for understanding. I'm just trying to avoid problems here.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Sure thing. A screenshot, a forward, whatever, just as long as it can prove to me that you have permission. You can add them yourself, just as long as the addresses correspond to the PM's you've sent me.

By the way, thanks for understanding. I'm just trying to avoid problems here.
No problem whatsoever.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Everyone's cooperation is just awesome. Thanks guys.

chiclaso

Mar 18, 2009
everyone that has messaged me has been responded to. thank you

toothdoc

Jan 27, 2009
download for 3.0

I have someone here who is my developer and im the beta tester but I cant seem to find a download site. can someone message me? let me know...thanks