If you can't activate get a new SIM from AT&T!

zachoz

Jun 30, 2007
Verizon port

has anyone transfered a number from verizon and done this and it worked?
Yes, I did port my Verizon #, but that part had already been completed, so when I did the second activation with the new SIM I did it as an existing AT&T customer.

You might call AT&T to verify that your porting request is complete. If your Verizon phone has stopped working, the porting request is complete, if your Verizon phone is still making outgoing calls then it's not complete yet I believe

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
hate to ruin this party but it did NOT work for me and I am back in the endless loop of a new email telling me it will take longer and they'll get back to me. I however have not received the second email we did last night saying it would occur a some time specic 24 hrs hence.

Any notions what I could ahve done wrong. I even chose not to try to port over this time, just give me a damn new number.

I'm totally pissed or beyond -- 2 days lost of work messing with all this stuff

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Yes, I did port my Verizon #, but that part had already been completed, so when I did the second activation with the new SIM I did it as an existing AT&T customer.

You might call AT&T to verify that your porting request is complete. If your Verizon phone has stopped working, the porting request is complete, if your Verizon phone is still making outgoing calls then it's not complete yet I believe
so when my verizon phone stops working then the number transfer is complete?