If you could have been born with ONE super human/natural power?

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Might be an interesting discussion.

Think about it and try to flush out the details enough both to define the power, it's limits and try to be consistent.

For example, being god-like, is too vague and counts as far more than just ONE power. Absolute invulnerability may not be as much as it seems. On close examination, that might be defined as, no harmful affects can cross into your personal space, say 1mm from the surface of your body. Obviously it can't apply to what's happening already inside your space like aging, otherwise you'd never have aged beyond either conception or birth. Guess that also means that you can be suffocated as well as drowned. Generally, a great for war type power, but not so much for personal gain as you can still be apprehended and jailed.

Mine would be to stop and start the affect of time on all macroscopic objects, at will, within a 2km radius, completely within the first km and gradually reducing in affect to the second km, yet be free to act within that space.

Yeah, like Hero in that TV series but I actually read about something like this in a novel.

It started off as a simple statement but then thought of things like not being able to breath or move through the air. Also figured stopping time everywhere is just a bit too much, might end up destroying existence.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
To be Wolverine

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I would like the power of illussion. To make people see what I want them to see. That would be cool.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
To be omniscient. Oh wait...people think I already am. lol

I'd like to be able to time travel but still be able to keep my memory when traveling backwards in time and revert to my previous age and state. I can do this at will and also automatically happen in the event of my untimely death such as an accident or disaster.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I would like either the power of invisibility or flight. I've written essays about both before but I'm too lazy to fetch them. lol

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I want the power to travel back in time.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Time travel and immortality appeals to the historian/anthropologist in me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I would like the power to grant unlimited wishes that I deem appropriate, for myself and others.
Tom

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You need the power to travel in time...period. Otherwise you will be stuck there.
I just meant I that I wouldn't care about the ability to travel from the present time to the future. But yeah, being able to return from the past to the present time would be important.

Oct 3, 2009
I just meant I that I wouldn't care about the ability to travel from the present time to the future. But yeah, being able to return from the past to the present time would be important.
I would go to the future to get a light saber and then come back.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
I am a goddess...so irrelevant!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I would go to the future to get a light saber and then come back.
*ahem*

Which makes me wonder... If it was a long time ago and far away, maybe the light from the Death Star explosion just hasn't reached us yet.