If you could port iOS to Android hardware or Android to an iOS device, what would you choose?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Tattooed Alex, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

With all the discussion of a larger screen I had a crazy thought about what would make the perfect combination of any device and OS. We all have various preferences so I am interested in knowing what your combination would be if you had the option of a full customization with the device type and OS whether it be iOS or Android. I would love to have an HTC One with iOS or maybe even the New Moto X with iOS. I know this is beyond insanity with Apple's restrictions and the crazy fragmentation that would occur so let's place reality behind us and step into the Twilight Zone for a few moments or ban me for speak of such an atrocity, that was a joke with the banning, I hope :).

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'll stick with Apple and iOS. I like that seamless integration we have with hardware and software on iPhones. I'm happy with the 4" screen and don't want to go any bigger. As long as Apple adds a faster processor and improves the camera optics, I'll be happy with the 5S.

3. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

What if seemless integration wasn't an issue? We are taking a step away from reality with the assumption that our customizations all work flawlessly and everything just works.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What about a 5" 'shell / screen' with a micro SD slot, that in turn accepts a card that has a different OS on it. Needs a windows phone, pop in the Win card.
    Love an app only available for iOS, slide in the Apple card, etc...

5. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

My fella has just gone for the HTC one Mini. I must say I quite like it. It's light and feels much like my iPhone 5, but as for switching to Android, I would rather eat my own poop. I love my iPhone and iOS and everything Apple too much.

But then again if I had NO Apple and no iOS, then this HTC one Mini would be my first choice. I'd never have a Samsung G3/4 etc. Hate Samsung's with a passion!

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

It's being done :D sorta

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Sorta doesn't cut it for me.

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Well in that case, you wouldn't need to replace Android with iOS at all since Android would "just work".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Me either, that's why I sold my HTC one long ago

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'll sell mine down the road, but I have to admit it's the phone I need until my eye is healed and I can see clearly again. The screen size and word wrap in the browser are invaluable to me right now. I can ignore all the little irritations until I'm all healed up. I did just drive to and back from Subway with a tuna sub, though. :D

11. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Not a matter of Android not working, I just prefer iOS, but would love a larger screen.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yep. Permanently jailbroken with a larger screen. iPhone heaven.

13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Well yeah. But why do you like iOS better?

14. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

If I could have my s4 active with ios, I'd be much happier. Apple needs to take notes of all these other phones. I just had two more converts at work that went from an iPhone to a s4 active like I have. I actually tried to talk them out of it. They wanted larger screens for and both had life proof cases which is an utter annoyance. Really...who wants to put their nice looking compact phone into a case that makes it bigger than a phone with a 5" screen but still be stuck with a little baby screen and not be able to hear on it worth a poo? Not me. I'm an Apple fan.....but I'm starting to fade away. Technology progresses way too fast to CDO things as slow as Apple is. I get it, they wanna keep people hanging on and then slip them a tad more features in a yeat ....well sooner or later people are going to get tired of that. With all that being said, it would be awesome to have this waterproof, tough phone and have a better iOS on it. I do not have a case on it either. Dropped it several times. You can't tell. Its a tough phone. Just the Android os sucks. Makes things way more complicated than they need to be. Now that I've switched, I'm spoiled to this larger screen and waterproof feature. Can't go back until Apple does some significant changes. Its the hardware with Apple that lacks. Software with the galaxy that lacks. Merge the two good features and you've got a winner!

sent from my galaxay s4 active with pos Android os. horrible.

15. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I prefer iOS because I have a lot more experience and a higher level of confidence with it over Android. I bought a Nexus 7 last August so I could gain some exposure to Android, although it doesn't get nearly the use that my iPad gets since I have access to all of my media in iTunes.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, Samsung certainly took a lot of notes about the iPhone. :D

#16 Napoleon PhoneApart, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  17. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I wanted to put Android in the mix to add to the customization option to make the phone of your dreams with what is currently available. After reading about the Moto X customization options I thought it would be fun to also be able to customize the os of your choice along with any device available.

I agree that a larger screen iPhone would make more of an impact that a cheap plastic iPhone. I'll be upgrading next year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a larger screen.

#17 Tattooed Alex, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  18. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Hardware-wise, I'm more than content. iOS could use some additional features and flexibility, but not remotely enough to convince me to switch to Android. I'll stick with my iPhone and iOS.