If You Couldn't Have An iPhone, What Phone Would You Get

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I was just checking out the Palm Pre and i must admit i'm pretty impressed with it. I found my self thinking that if for some reason i had to give up my iPhone 3G, id be fine with the Pre. So im just curious what other phones catch everybody else's eye and why.

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm skeptical of the Pre. Everyone seems to think it will be the next big thing and be the end all, be all for phones. This is before anyone has ever even gotten their hands on it. I wouldn't get the Pre anyway because it would mean I'd have to go back to Sprint and that ain't gonna happen! I'd probably go with the BB Bold.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'd definitely wait for the Pre.

If i had to get one now, it would probably be the Bold, but i wouldn't be happy about it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I agree with Terry. The early reports on the Pre sound really sweet, but Sprint just won't cut it for me. I might think about the Bold, but that's about it. With the 3.0 update, the iPhone will have just about everything you could want. If the new phone has video recording and a better camera, you damn near will have the perfect phone. No phone is probably ever going to have it all.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Pre minus Sprint or an N97 wouldn't bother me too much.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I'm skeptical of the Pre. Everyone seems to think it will be the next big thing and be the end all, be all for phones. This is before anyone has ever even gotten their hands on it. I wouldn't get the Pre anyway because it would mean I'd have to go back to Sprint and that ain't gonna happen! I'd probably go with the BB Bold.
don't get me wrong i love my iPhone and i don't see myself every getting rid of it, but sense the iPhone has come out the pre is the only phone that has ever impressed me, mainly because of its wireless charging dock

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I like how most of you shun BB's, but then say you wouldn't mind having one.

Anyways, I'd probably want another BB, but I'd look for something touchscreen, except a Storm. I don't know what else I'd want besides the iPhone, to be honest. I guess the Pre, but it couldn't be on Sprint. Maybe an unlocked BB Curve 8900.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I have a BB Storm with Verizon, and after a few months of use, it just annoys me to use it.

But, if not an iPhone, I think the Bold is first choice, then the Palm Pre.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What do you guys dislike about Sprint?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Probably the Pre if it wasn't on Sprint. But since im still a kid with no money or job, I have to stay with AT&T so I would probably get The HTC Fuze (aka HTC Touch Pro)

Jul 21, 2008
I think I would have to try out the N97. I'm not a big fan of Sprint so the Pre is pretty much out of the question. If it was unlocked I would take it though. As for phones that are currently available...I think I'd give Android a try on the G1...though it is rather fugly.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
What do you guys dislike about Sprint?
I don't like Sprint because they're CDMA. I like AT&T because they're GSM, meaning I can switch phones easily by swapping the SIM card. I do this often, seeing as I have 3 (soon to be 4) phones.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Hands down... I would go back to my BlackBerry. BB smokes the iPhone in corporate push email support. iPhone smokes BB in everything else.

It was a tough decision to shut off my corporate push email and switch to my iPhone... but I am glad that I did.

/Jim

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Bold. No doubt about it. I even considered trading my iPhone in for one...then I came to my senses... That is one bad@$$ phone though...

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Definitely an Android phone. ive actually been thinking about getting one. i just think theyre so cool.