• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Got this poll question from another topic so figured lets take a poll

Lets say you find someones iPhone would you return it to owner by either taking it to AT&T or looking through contacts and place a call to a friend of the owner...

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Maybe I've just got the right karma, but I've found 3 phones in my life, all of them in the back of cabs around the world. In two cases, they belonged to people that spoke a langauge I couldn't understand/read. But I checked with the concierge of my hotel who translated and found the owners for me, reuniting them with their phones. I got two VERY nice dinners and made two friends in foreign countries that way. The third I found in London, called the owner only to find that he worked in the same company that I do but pretty high up the food chain. I got some nice brownie points for that one.

The karma side of this?

I've lost 2 phones in my life. Both were returned within hours when someone else found them.

Pay it forward....it's the only way to live.

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
not even a question in my mind. i call a friend in their favorites and have them see is they can pass the message along to the owner. i would hate to lose mine and hope some one would do the same for me

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Brand new in box was probably sold at the nearest AT&T or Apple store. The Apple store, I think, could look it up by the details they capture when it is sold. Assuming AT&T does the same.
All iPhones purchased at an AT&T or Apple store capture at least an existing telephone number for the purchaser. It could be bogus, but it's captured. AT&T will even capture a social for credit check at the store if you provide it (optional). Not sure if Apple does this or not.

So even a new in the box iPhone could be tracked with a little effort on the part of an honest person.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
not even a question in my mind. i call a friend in their favorites and have them see is they can pass the message along to the owner. i would hate to lose mine and hope some one would do the same for me
Ditto (letters added to meet min length criteria)

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I've lost cell phone twice in my life. Once in Florida, and once in my hometown. Both times I wound up back with the phone with the assistant of kind people. Of course I would return it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would return it as quickly as I could. While it's sad to admit, i couldn't last very long without my phone and I'm sure many other people are the same way, so I wouldn't hesitate to return it.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
You guys are GREAT PEOPLE... I am impressed by your honesty...

I would also return it... can't imagine losing mine and having to find an unlockable one to unlock and use with my TMobile SIM... they are becoming rarer and rarer as the new ones are impossible to unlock...:mad:

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
It would be hard to return it just because its natural human nature to take and keep things that you find. However, being an iPhone owner (and having lost a few cell phones) I would be extremely great full to have my iPhone returned (if I ever lost it). So I would want to repay that favor.