If you have tried the SoftJailbreak, post here

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Installer is offering a SoftJailbreak which essentially updates your phone to a jailbroken 1.1.3 without ever connecting to iTunes. I'm weary to try it, so if you tried it already...

1. Did it work?
2. If your phone was unlocked, did it lock the phone or keep it unlocked?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Installer is offering a SoftJailbreak which essentially updates your phone to a jailbroken 1.1.3 without ever connecting to iTunes. I'm weary to try it, so if you tried it already...

1. Did it work?
2. If your phone was unlocked, did it lock the phone or keep it unlocked?
I tried it, worked great. I even updated to 1.1.3 normally to upgrade my baseband, then downgraded to 1.1.1, back to 1.1.2 and the soft update back to 1.1.3.

Worked like a charm.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
there is a 1.1.3 update on there i think its the official jailbreak from the dev team. Just want to let you know if you try that it takes a very very very long time.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok sounds like it worked but did you guys have unlocked phones?

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I tried it and so far, my iPhone asks me to connect to iTunes. iTunes will not do a restore - instead it tells me to take it to the store.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Have you tried to get it out of recovery mode by having iBrickr special edition or Independence connect to it? They can pull the phone out of recovery mode if things aren't too dire. Its part of a step in the downgrade/upgrade process for 1.1.3 jailbreaking, I've done it a few times myself.

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Have you tried to get it out of recovery mode by having iBrickr special edition or Independence connect to it? They can pull the phone out of recovery mode if things aren't too dire. Its part of a step in the downgrade/upgrade process for 1.1.3 jailbreaking, I've done it a few times myself.
I eventually got it to restore. Thanks.

Sep 29, 2007
I didn't have such luck. Mine went into an endless reboot after the soft jail-break.
Don't know why I have tried it 18x.