If you haven't checked out Leopard...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Check out the online demo's on Apple's site. You will be able to see the potential of how some of the new OS will be able to Sync things like notes and tasks with the iPhone...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

I'm still believing we will see more additions next month when Leopard hits the scene!

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Leopard supports bluetooth A2DP also

Check out the online demo's on Apple's site. You will be able to see the potential of how some of the new OS will be able to Sync things like notes and tasks with the iPhone...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

I'm still believing we will see more additions next month when Leopard hits the scene!
Of particular interest to me is the fact that Leopard supports A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth). I used it last night to stream music from my MacBook to my A2DP enabled car stereo.

It's very logical to think that after Leopard comes out, the iPhone will eventually get A2DP support. It's understandable to me that Apple would want a feature to be in their full blown OS, OSX before they put it into the iPhone.

A2DP is really the only thing that I believe the iPhone is obviously missing. Pretty much everything else will be accomplished by third party developers.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Look at the mail section. It will talk about notes and todos. Something tells me this may lead to integration with the iPhone. I guess we will have to see.

- Garrett

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
A2DP is really the only thing that I believe the iPhone is obviously missing. Pretty much everything else will be accomplished by third party developers.
A2DP's also available by third party developers. You have to buy a $50 icombi adapter, but it's available.

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
It just doesn't feel right

A2DP's also available by third party developers. You have to buy a $50 icombi adapter, but it's available.
Yeah, I know but something just doesn't feel right about having to clip a bluetooth dongle to a device that already has internal bluetooth just to get A2DP. If ever there has been a device that is perfectly suited for A2DP it is the iPhone. I have to believe that Apple will eventually turn it on. I think they just intend to workout the kinks and compatibility issues with their new A2DP implementation in Leopard before pushing the new features onto the iPhone.

I do wonder though what the chances are that the blueZ package (defacto Linux opensource bluetooth) may eventually find its way onto the iPhone via third party developers. The NES package has already demonstrated some ability to control sound switching.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
So its time to upgrade my Mac family, my PCs will be fine for the next 3 months, lol. So um, what units will ship with this OS? My Macs are pre-intel so I'm pretty out of it.

Sep 15, 2007
Atlanta
Omg i'm so happy. Everything is supporting me to go over to Apple...the dark side as pc users like myself like to say. Right now im using a moto q, an hp windows vista home premium computer and a zune...lol. I bought this computer in January because my old computer entirely died...an dell (they suck.) So i decided to get a new one. Bad choice, i thought i was doing the right thing with vista and all, but then i realized vista sucks compared to everything else. I wiped out my windows and installed Sabayon Linux (what im on now) Very good distro, i suggest it to anyone that wants to have some fun or test out linux.

Anyways ive always been one of those guys that hated the iPhone and iPods and macs, simply because everyone had them. Well after seeing that video and researching the iPhone for the past 2months, and see those new ipods... im ready to switch.

Im 17 now i work at chick-fil-a and im been saving up about 95% of my income. Im gonna go buy an iPhone, a new macbook with leapord, and a 160GB ipod classic, and i couldnt be happier.

BTW just accept this as my intro...
I drooled too watching those videos...:p:cool::laugh2::)