If you send iPhone for repair will Apple replace it or repair it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Hello,

I was just wondering if I send my iPhone for repair under warranty will Apple repair the same unit or replace it with new/refurbished one? I know that they used to replace them with refurbs in the past but not sure about now. Thank you.

-Bohs

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
They will determine what to do. You need to send it in first and then its left to the Apple tech to determine whether to replace or repair your phone.

This is my third iPhone and they replaced it everytime with a new/refurb one. You cannot make out whether its a new or a refurbished phone. Some claim if they send you a phone in a white box then its a refurbished. Not sure how far this claim is right.

jeansteichen

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
iPhone repair

Since you've sent in your phone for repair 3 times, how long did it take Apple to get a new/refurbished BACK to you?
Thanks.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
they will most likely send you a refurbished unit, but with Apple you cant even tell the difference between new and refurbished.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Anyone try to take one back to an AT&T store (assuming you bought it there) or to the Apple store (again, if you bought it there)?

With my Sprint-purchased Treo, I went to the Sprint store and walked out with a refurb the one or two times I had a problem over the years. Of course, Palm and Sprint always insisted that Sprint was to handle support for the Treo; I don't know if Apple has the same arrangement with AT&T or not.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
AT&T will not service the phone at all and you can't get a replacement for a defective unit there. You'll need to go to an Apple store or send it to Apple repair.

Merry Christmas!