Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
can you lay me out a list of pros and cons of a mac vs windows

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
One pro: You can still run Windows on a Mac, but it's a bit of a stretch to get Mac OS X running on Windows.

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
thats kool

like what features does a mac have that a windows doesn't, and vice versa

cost wise whos better and stuff like that

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
For one thing, having designed both the hardware and the OS, Macs have the edge in the "how likely is it to work" department.

Feature-wise, they are often comparable with PCs in features and price, being mostly the same hardware these days.

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
ya i hear that macs make a lot of things a bit simpler. like i was just in a forum where i was trying to get some movies onto my iPhone and the guys said that if i had a mac that handbrake is all i needed but, if i had windows he couldnt help me and stuff.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
i would like to get one look a little pricey though
Yeah...I don't know what you just said.

But Mac holds he looks and feel that it's younger but better and quicker. While Windows has the old guy feel and more stuck up.

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
i said that i would love to have a mac. but the price is kind of high i just bought an iPhone and stuff like tha so if i wanted to get one i would have to wait for a while

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
i said that i would love to have a mac. but the price is kind of high i just bought an iPhone and stuff like tha so if i wanted to get one i would have to wait for a while
Buy an old model of a MacBook or something. In a few months I might be able to get you a two year old MacBook pro.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It will be worth the wait,trust me. I just switch recently after using windows for about 15yrs. Try no virus for one thing. Everything works seamlessly together. I got an Airport Base Station to go with the Mac and wireless was configured automatically. No having to enter this or that. Yes they are expensive, but well worth the money.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
7) Cost of Ownership
Some say PCs are cheaper but I say "no way." Don't forget that you have to add stuff like a better sound or video card, plus a SCSI and/or Ethernet card, to obtain parity with off-the-shelf Macs. And I would venture that Mac people keep their Macs longer than PC people keep their PCs.
- John .

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Meh I miss Window's photoshop. It was easier to use for me.

madaca

Mar 2, 2008
Ive been using macs since 2000. Love them and will never look back. They just make sense. My wife just recently bought the macbook air after years of trying to convince her to make the switch. She is loving it and she cant believe how much easier it is. She was always having problems with her pc. Her recent discovery is handbrake. She is amazed at the quality of the movies that she is converting for the iPhone. My first mac was a ibook g4 and now I have a powerbook g4. I love it. Will upgrade later at the end of the year maybe. I use it mainly for my photography. They are just very reliable machines. yes, more expensive but you get your moneys worth out of them. They last a long time.

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
yes i was looking at them.

maybe i will save uop money and get one at the end of this year.

being that everyone uses my compute cause i am the only one in the house to have one. (laptop) i can give my mom this one and i get an imac desktop.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I think if i won a lot of money somehow i might but a macbook or something like that, but i don't think i would ever use a mac over my PC.

I would probably fit into the PC user that would buy a new PC more than a mac owners would buy a new mac, but that is b/c i like to play the latest games and such. With the latest games you also need the latest hardware to make them look good and run w/o lag.

I am sure that if you were to be wanting to do the same on a mac that you would also have tp upgrade as much as a PC user.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I think if i won a lot of money somehow i might but a macbook or something like that, but i don't think i would ever use a mac over my PC.

I would probably fit into the PC user that would buy a new PC more than a mac owners would buy a new mac, but that is b/c i like to play the latest games and such. With the latest games you also need the latest hardware to make them look good and run w/o lag.

I am sure that if you were to be wanting to do the same on a mac that you would also have tp upgrade as much as a PC user.
s what you think at first, but before you know, that junky old PC is sitting in the closet gathering dust. :)

- John

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Oh you'll turn out just like all the rest of them. That;s what you think at first, but before you know, that junky old PC is sitting in the closet gathering dust. :)

- John

My PC gathers enough dust when i use it :-þ. Actually it probably gathers more when in use.

But, i don't think il ever get a MAC, if anything id build something to run Linux.