If you're getting the 5c or 5s are you sticking with your case or getting a new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by CASEACE79, Sep 14, 2013.

1. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm sick of my old case so I'm planning on getting a new one. Not sold on the Apple cases at all so what are you getting? Links or pics would be helpful. So I'll start. Was thinking about this one. eregavy6.jpg

2. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I have a 4S and bought an Otterbox Commuter for my new 5S. Hopefully, there will be no issues.

3. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

Is that an Element Case Ronin? Nice case. However, I stopped buying Element Case after its second generation cases were made of metal and there was an option to buy the carbon fiber backing. With the metal "bumper" and the carbon fiber backing, it made my GPS go wacko so that I couldn't use it for turn-by-turn navigation. Without the carbon fiber backing, the GPS worked better but there were still accuracy issues.

Sent using iCafe app

4. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Yep that's the ronin. Good to know. Gonna steer clear for now. Especially since it's so expensive and will more than likely be obsolete in a year.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

GPS and the signal will be fine. Signal degradation isn't a problem with them anymore.

6. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I think as far as the 5C goes the dimensions are probably different.

And the 5S you won't be able to use the fingerprint with most otter boxes cause the button will be covered and I'm in the same boat with lifeproof and the camera flash is a different size.

I work in a hospital and even though I sanitize my hands before touching my phone I alcohol my whole case down at the end if my shift.

I know I could use my speck candyshell just fine but then I want have waterproof protection

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

7. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I have the Sena UltraSlim pouch for my iPhone 5 and ill be using it for the 5S also! I like using the phone naked when its in my hands but protected when its in my pocket.

8. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Problem with that is the likely hood of me dropping it while in my pocket is slim. While in my hands it's much greater. A pouch would not do me much good.

9. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I may go with the leather case offered by Apple for the new 5S. I need to see it in person before I decide.

10. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i have the Element RONIN but i wish it would go above the Screen alittle.....instead of flush to give a little protection when laying it down..

11. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

same with me, i want to see what those leather cases for the 5S look and feel like...may pick up one of those

12. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah drop protection is non-existent (well, maybe a tiny bit) with the UltraSlim - but I am always just real aware when i'm using it not to drop it. So far I have been successful all except once when it fell out of my pocket while sitting on my couch 2 feet to the floor and broke the glass - lucky the battery started having issues soon after and Apple's diagnostics confirmed the same - they wound up replacing it for me even with the broken screen.

13. Steven Nicholson

Steven Nicholson New Member

I'm getting a new griffin reveal case for 5s but that's just because my other one is old and dirty

14. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm getting this case as well. Expensive for sure, but also sleek and elegant. Like it.

15. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I liked the reveal case. Covered the bezel perfectly and the clear back and compact also.

But the speck candyshell is close to that and protects better IMO

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

16. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Pardon my ignorance, but has there been any word if the new iPhones will fit in the existing iPhone 5 cases? I'm specifically wondering about the Lifeproof case, but also just in general.

17. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Not sure on the LifeProof route. With a different sized flash & the Touch ID sensor and all.

18. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

I was at Macy's and saw 2 iPhone "5" cases from Michael kors! Let me tell you, the 5s case the oval in the back for the camera is bigger! I did them side by side because both cases said iPhone 5! Becareful out there with cases!

Sent using iCafe app

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Thanks Monkey and Mommy.

I'm not concerned with the Touch ID working, for now.

20. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thank you for the confirmation @Mommy! I figured this would be the case. I didn't buy a lot of cases for the iPhone 5 because of the black coating scrape off factor. This time with the Space Gray color I suppose there will be no problem with gray scraping off so I might have a few more cases as options.

I will be getting new cases. I'll be starting with the Apple leather cases. Those are SWEET!