iFile question . . .

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by michael180, Jan 31, 2012.

1. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

I must be missing something here, but I can't find any of the info.plist's for Apple's apps, like com.apple.mobileipod, etc. The only applications I can find the info.plist's for are the Cydia apps, and the apps I purchased from the App store.

Any suggestions?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Do you mean within a theme folder or the original info.plist in var/stash/Applicatons.TZmXkB ? Isn't the com.apple._______ part of a Winterboard theme? Some of the stock apps have changed their folder names.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The strings and plists for the Music app are in Var > Applications > Music~iPhone.app. What is it that you want to edit?

4. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

There is on Var>Applications, there's var/mobile/Applications, but there is no Music~iPhone.app there. I found it. I found com.apple.mobileipod.plist, it was under /var/mobile/Library/Preferences, it doesn't help though, I still cannot find the icon name for the ipod. I don't know why the names of the native Apple apps have to be this way . . .

Thanks all

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

icon@2x.png worked for me. I themed it directly at the path Europa mentioned.

6. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

Thanks Kadelic. I must be missing something because I cannot get to Applications from /var . . . I just hate to keep asking every time I need an icon name.

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Not sure if this will help but there are two Applications folders. The Apple and Cydia apps are @ var/stash/Applications. (followed by six characters) and all the App Store apps are @ var/mobile/Applications. The App Store and Cydia apps Applications folder should also be accessible if you go all the way to the top of the file system. For me it's the very first folder.

8. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

Thanks Kadelic. I think I finally have it. I didn't get the stash part of of Europa's post. Sorry for all the trouble. You've been a great help. :)

9. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Word to Big Bird ;)

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

OK, finally DL'd iFile so I could start adding custom tweaks some awesome members here have created to get me started theming, but am totally clueless.
    Looked for a tutorial on YouTube, but most seemed to be talking about cracked apps and the like. No interest in that.
    Anyone point me in the right direction....

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

12. snowtrooper1966

Gold

From thread I jacked you said:

Should I be able to locate the Xwing tone alert file I bought in iTunes through iFile?

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes.
    Cydia ringtones: var/stash/ringtones
    Custom and iTunes ringtones: var/mobile/media/iTunes control/ringtones.

14. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Grrrr...

Followed your directions, located the iTunes tone alert :

[​IMG]

Then navigated to springboard location and followed directions to save original and rename the new:

[​IMG]

Problem was, as u can see from the screenshot, it was originally an .m4r file, so when I put it in the folder, I renamed it with an .aiff extension.
    Only change that seemed to make was that it got rid of the image that was associated with it in its original form.

I resprung, but no luck.
    Stock unlock tick is still playing......

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's because the file extension is wrong. Change the name of unlock.aiff to unlock1.aiff. Then try changing the file extension of the custom sound to .aiff in iFile. If that doesn't work, select EZWV.m4r and email it to yourself through iFile (select the file then select the mail icon at the bottom of the screen). Then change the file type from .m4r to .aiff on your computer and mail it back to yourself. Select the file in email and choose 'open in iFile'. Then move it to the correct location. I've sometimes been able to change the file type by right clicking on them on the desktop and changing it. Other times you have to use audio editing software to get it to really change it to where it will work when you put it back in the file system. I can't remember with .m4r to .aiff. It's trial and error. Instead of emailing it, you could use SSH or DiskAid on your Mac or PC.

16. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I changed the new one to unlock1, resprung.
    No luck.
    I did change the file extension of the m4r to aiff in iFile, and as u can see, it did change the thumbnail to match, so I thought it should work.

I don't have any audio editing software on my PC.
    Any freeware/shareware u could recommend?

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

18. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

19. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Nice!
    Thanks to both of u.
    I will give those a go later this afternoon.
    I did have one success with iFile so far. I was able to grab a cool Star Wars themed icon from a theme and put it in my current one:

[​IMG]

so I am headed down the path to a darkside theme.....
    Not sure about the wallpaper I just added as well, not to crazy about the white background. The image is sick tho....
    Posters created for a new Star Wars exhibit coming to Canada. Here's another:

[​IMG]

20. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Audacity (from linked post #4) did not work for me, I DL'd it, tried to select file from my desktop. It only wanted to open video file format....

iRinger did not have a .aiff extension conversion option.

If I PM'd the file to you, would you mind converting it for me if you have a moment.....