iFlickr question.

EricFink

Jun 19, 2007
How the hell do you work this? Not only do i not know how to take a picture while in the program, i have no idea how to authorize my account through the phone. I go to preferences, and it asks me to enter my "minitoken". I have no idea what a minitoken is, nor do i know where to find out what it is.

Could somebody please help me out? A step-by-step guide would be great :)

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
How the hell do you work this? Not only do i not know how to take a picture while in the program, i have no idea how to authorize my account through the phone. I go to preferences, and it asks me to enter my "minitoken". I have no idea what a minitoken is, nor do i know where to find out what it is.

Could somebody please help me out? A step-by-step guide would be great :)
In the app notes, it says it doesn't work yet if you install through Installer.App.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
as of the newest version(i think v.0.3) i got it to work.
just do what it says on their googlecode page

Taking Pictures :
  1. Goto preferences click authorize, this will open a Safari window on your iPhone.
  2. You will asked to enter your yahoo/flickr username and password.
  3. Once you are logged in, Click on "Ok, I'll allow it".
  4. You will see the "minitoken" code a 9 digit integer on your screen.
As in the following example windows
  • Screen 1

• Screen 2

1. Press Home Key
  2. open iFlickr.
  3. Go to preference screen, and tap where it says "Minitoken", a keyboard will come up. Delete the default text "Enter minitoken, click on Auth" .
  4. Enter the 9 digit auth code (without dashes).You do not have to enter username for now.
  5. Press back
  6. Hit the home button to exit the application
  7. Open the application again, check the preference screen, the username would have been automagically populated.
  8. Take Pics!

EricFink

Jun 19, 2007
as of the newest version(i think v.0.3) i got it to work.
just do what it says on their googlecode page

Taking Pictures :
  1. Goto preferences click authorize, this will open a Safari window on your iPhone.
  2. You will asked to enter your yahoo/flickr username and password.
  3. Once you are logged in, Click on "Ok, I'll allow it".
  4. You will see the "minitoken" code a 9 digit integer on your screen.
As in the following example windows
  • Screen 1

• Screen 2

1. Press Home Key
  2. open iFlickr.
  3. Go to preference screen, and tap where it says "Minitoken", a keyboard will come up. Delete the default text "Enter minitoken, click on Auth" .
  4. Enter the 9 digit auth code (without dashes).You do not have to enter username for now.
  5. Press back
  6. Hit the home button to exit the application
  7. Open the application again, check the preference screen, the username would have been automagically populated.
  8. Take Pics!

Thank you! This worked like a charm :) Uploading new pics as we speak.