iFuntastic 4.6.1. A Significant Update for 1.1.1 (OSX)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Just released! It auto Jailbreaks iPhone 1.1.1.

- customized ringtone support for 1.1.1 (unshackling not required)

new functions for Intel and PowerPC:

- Downgrade firmware 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2
- Upgrade firmware 1.0.2 to unshackled firmware 1.1.1
- Unshackle firmware 1.1.1: combines the above two

The process is tricky, but it only requires patience and a ridiculous number of (automated) restarts and switches to iTunes and back.
Terminal, SSH, WiFi, CyberDuck, AppTapp, Installer, iNdependence:
none are required!

A wizard will guide you through each process.
You'll end up with an unshackled 1.1.1 phone, with Installer uh, installed -
ready to customize and install native applications and ringtones.

You can download it from here.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
My question is, regardless of ease, is either one more "stable" than the other?

I've been running 1.1.1 for about a day and a half now and want to re-jailbreak to get my apps back. Just not sure which route to take.

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
I have a GoPhone and upgrading to 1.1.1 was scaring me. But I decided to give it a try with the new iFuntastic. The upgrading was smooth...

BUT...

After installing a few applications, I tried to reorganize the icons on my iPhone and get rid of some of them. The display looked fine on iFuntastic, but when I updated the look on the iPhone, it was all messed up. Icons were scattered and it was creating a second page when I didn't need one. I tried fixing the problem, but nothing would change. So I decided to restore through iTunes and then jailbreak it again with iFuntastic... but I'm out of trials and iFuntastic is asking me to pay $5 to be able to jailbreak my iPhone. Great...

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
this program suucks i paid the $25 just to support the people who made it tried to jailbreak...nothing, had to use iJailbreak... tried to add ringtones 5 out of 10 worked then sync'd it with iTunes and added a purshased ringtone and all the others were gone haha what a joke this is im looking into getting my money back from paypal because THIS is not what i paid for i do not recommend this to any one

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
ifuntastic did not work for me. went through the entire process and then my phone crashed during the upgrade. tried to redo it and i got a screen that said i had to pay $5 to try again. after my phone crashed....

i wonder if they set this up not to work the first time and then you have to pay to get it to work...

restored to jailed 1.1.1. using Apple iTunes update.

if apptap for 1.1.1 doesn't come out, i will be staying with a jailed 1.1.1 phone.

i'm tired of trying the downgrade to 1.0.2 approach to upgrade to an unjailed 1.1.1 phone. it doesn't seem to work for me and i'm relatively well-versed in this by now...

though some phones it seems to work with.

oh well...

worst case scenario, i have a wonderful, well-functioning mobile computer that doesn't have any third part apps.

Chuck0306

Oct 24, 2007
iFuntastic 4.6. worked great for me!

iFuntastic 4.6.1 rocks!

I successfuly installed and unshackled my iPhone with 4.6.1 yesterday. It worked first time. I can't say it was an easy process, but it went just fine and I've been able to install nearly all of the cool software that I had installed before the iPhone 1.1.1 update.

With 1.1.1, unshackling is more tedious, and requires multiple restarts, multiple quits of iTunes, restoring your data, etc.

iFuntastic is a crafty bit of engineering and it completely automates the process with informative prompts and help. When performing the unshackle operation, take your time, read everything twice and be very patient.

I think iFuntastic is the best software yet for iPhone and for $5 it's a real bargain. That said, unshackling is still not for the faint of heart and I would recommend it only for the technically savvy at this point.