iGo Bluetooth Keyboard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MacSparky

Jun 30, 2007
I used to use my treo as an ascii text device on planes. I used the iGo bluetooth keyboard -- also known as ThinkOutside BT Keyboard.

I can't seem to get it to pair with my shiny new iPhone. Anyone have any experience with bluetooth keyboards on iPhone?

www.Macsparky.com

David

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I used to use my treo as an ascii text device on planes. I used the iGo bluetooth keyboard -- also known as ThinkOutside BT Keyboard.

I can't seem to get it to pair with my shiny new iPhone. Anyone have any experience with bluetooth keyboards on iPhone?

www.Macsparky.com

David
the iPhone does not support that bluetooth profile. Only headset and handsfree. unless Apple updates the bluetooth stack, your keyboard will not work with the current iPhone software.

redpola

Jan 3, 2008
the iPhone does not support that bluetooth profile. Only headset and handsfree. unless Apple updates the bluetooth stack, your keyboard will not work with the current iPhone software.
Ironic that a device of the lineage that inspired putting the letter 'i' before everything is unsupported by a device which profits from that heritage.