igo power tip chargers - has anyone tried them with a 3G?

Jul 14, 2008
radio shack sells these. wondering if anyone has tried it out with their 3g?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
i have a igo but not the iPHone tip it works great and i don't see why it wouldn't with the 3g

i saw one the other day at AT&T and am gonna pick a tip up next week

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
I heard that older accessories for the iPhone V1 don't work with the iPhone 3G. I think that's why he is asking because you cant use firewire with the iPhone 3G anymore.
Correct me if I am wrong.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I used a Solio (solar charger) for my V1 whenever I hiked. The iGo tip was A61 and it does NOT work with my 3G. I do think they make a new iGo tip but I think they are back ordered right now. Sorry don't know the number.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I think I spoke too soon. I looked it up and it says the A61 is compatible with 3G so either I was wrong or they refashioned the A61 to the new 3G standard. I'm certain that I plugged my old A61 tip to my 3G and it didn't work. YMMV

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
I use a Power Tip A61 with my 3G iPhone every night.
No problems.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i got this a couple weeks ago when i wa sgoing to go on a flight so i could watch all my movies and i got tip A133 thats specifically made for iPhone (didn't say 3g just iPhone but i assumed it would work better thne the other ones that are for ipods only) well it never worked or at leats i couldnt tell if it was working.it wouldn't show any indication of it charging (or increasing my battery time). and it didn't seem to increase the battery life at all so i returned it when i got back is it supposed to show the charge indicater over the battery symbol on the iPhone?

michael95gt

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Adamsville, Tn
i got this a couple weeks ago when i wa sgoing to go on a flight so i could watch all my movies and i got tip A133 thats specifically made for iPhone (didn't say 3g just iPhone but i assumed it would work better thne the other ones that are for ipods only) well it never worked or at leats i couldnt tell if it was working.it wouldn't show any indication of it charging (or increasing my battery time). and it didn't seem to increase the battery life at all so i returned it when i got back is it supposed to show the charge indicater over the battery symbol on the iPhone?
You must have gotten a dud, or something. I picked up one(#A133) at the AT&T store a couple weeks ago and it works great. It looks kinda dumb though, since the tip is White and the rest of the charger is Black/Silver. I know White is Apple's color, but still!:rolleyes:

dukefan

Jul 6, 2008
Tip A133 is the iPhone 3G tip. AT&T sells it online for $9.99. Works great.

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
Radioshack also carries the igo products (sales tax vs shipping) if you need it now!:laugh2:

Aug 9, 2008
Igo charger

I got an Igo charger for my iPhone 3g and it works great and worked out a lot cheper than buying one from Rogers....I'm in a small town in BC and the Rogers store didn't have any accessories for the iPhone and I didn't want to wait for them to order....Nice thing about the igo charger is that the end is removable and the car charger can be universal for other charging needs....

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
My stuff is all jacked up. I've had v1 and 3G. I have A61 and A133. The A61 didn't work with 3G. So I bought the A133 and that didn't work. Just for kicks I connected the A61 again and that worked. Weird stuff.

djb21au

Sep 5, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
For the record, I tried the generic USB tip connected to the iPhone cable and that didn't work with my iPhone 3G. So then I bought the A61 tip (the A133 doesn't seem to be available where I am in Australia) and it looks like it is working fine.

shalomar1

Oct 23, 2008
I red somewhere on the internet that A61 tip works with iPhone 3G 16GB but not with 3G 8GB unless the 8GB is jailbroken? Don't know if that makes sense electronically, but it could explain why A61 works for some people and not others?

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
I have the 133 and the AA battery pack it works great