iHome dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by elmosettle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. elmosettle

elmosettle Member

As many of you know.... If you own an ihome dock that played all previous idevices it no longer works with an iPhone 5. Into even with the lighting converter. Does anyone know if there is an app in cydia that will bypass this? I would like to continue to listen to my music. Thx

Sent using iCafe app

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Did you buy the adapter from Apple or through your carrier or is it a 3rd party adapter. According to Apple their lightning to 30 pin adapter should pass iPhone 5 audio through to older audio accessories that used the 30 pin connector. 3rd party lightning accessories are a hit and miss proposition so far.

Sent using my iPhone 5

3. elmosettle

elmosettle Member

yes it's a third party adapter. Ok. Thanks for the info. I guess I need to buy Apple's brand.

Sent using iCafe app

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Probably do need the one from Apple, I would confirm with them before you buy it that it will do what you are expecting it to. Good luck.

5. elmosettle

elmosettle Member

Thx iputz

Sent using iCafe app

6. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Or get this. I bought it and it works great. There are others on Amazon as well.

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Great idea and a decent price to boot.

8. elmosettle

elmosettle Member

So the box connects to the ihome and iPhone connects to the receiver via Bluetooth?

Sent using iCafe app

9. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

The adapter connects to the 30-pin and sends music to the iPhone via Bluetooth. If you want an alarm to work, which is what I wanted, you need to DL an app for that. It won't work with the stock Apple clock app.

10. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Yes, that will send music to the dock from the iPhone via Bluetooth. I use a similar item that plugs into a 110 volt outlet and connects to an input on my surround sound system to send music from my iPhone to the system. Any system sound (phone ringing, e-mail notification etc) mutes and pauses the music and plays the alert sound via the iPhones speaker.