iHome iW1 iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by smudgeyjoe, Sep 13, 2011.

1. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member
    Bronze

I am a retired teacher now subbing, and a Bible study leader. My iPad is a wonderful tool for multi-media in both those situations, but I just couldn't play it loud enough for a classroom of not so quiet 1st graders or a Bible study with hard of hearing seniors. I tried the Jawbone Jambox, but it wasn't loud enough for my needs. The seniors just looked at me and smiled, which means they couldn't hear it. I just received the iW1. While the overall sound isn't overwhelming, in terms of volume, it will do the job. iHome does not apparently have a user forum, at least not an official one, so my friends here are my best bet. The iW1 is essentially 12"x7"x3". The really attractive thing about it for my needs is it's portability. It is chargeable and wireless, which is awesome, but iHome doesn't have any accessories, particularly, something to carry it around in without damaging it. If you have any suggestions, or have also purchased the iW1 and found a solution, please let me know. Thanks!

2. Zipur

Zipur Member
    Bronze

[​IMG]
    You may want to swing by Best Buy and look at the computer cases. The neoprene bags like this give good protection but you need to judge for yourself.
    Or you can email from the Ihome support page and they may have something "Cooking" or can provide you with their recommendations.

3. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member
    Bronze

Thanks, Zipur. I actually did both those things today. I think I'm going to take it with me and see what fits. The only reservation I had is that I didn't find any with much all around padding like a camera case has. I wrote to iHome Customer Service to see what they had to say. To be quite honest, it is sort of amazing to me that they didn't have one available to purchase at release. Perhaps the most significant feature of the iW1 is it's extreme potential for portability. If I'm going to take it on a trip, to the beach, to the mountains, I'm going to want to protect it on the way, particularly considering what it costs.

4. Zipur

Zipur Member
    Bronze

Also you my want to look at the Olivetree Bible app. It, IMO is the best made. Tons of features you can jump to all while still in the Bible, notes, maps, names, highlights even encyclopedia lookups. You can spend an entire day in one verse.