iHome2GO Writeup

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Bought one of these puppies and it required a little modification and fortification.

Step 1: Buy one. Reg $59.99 at Best Buy

Step 2: Cut out small square of foam to fit iPhone. It stock space will accommodate a video iPod. The iPhone is the same width just a little longer. A very small section will need to be cut and a knife will work but if you have an exacto knife, that would work too. The foam is very easy to cut.

Step 3: Technically your done, however, i noticed that the top of the stereo is not completely sealed and some small amounts of sand could potentially make it's way inside. I decided to not take a chance and took an idea from another thread. I used a small ziplock bag and cut a slit in the bottom of it for the connector. The touchscreen still works and gives me the "added protection and confidence" that all those tampon commercials claim to provide.

The sound quality is surprising considering the massive 2 watts a channel it outputting. But at the beach you should be more concerned with loudness over quality IMO. It's the iGhettoBlaster.

Malibu here i come!

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
ha Nice. I took mine to the beach. LSDKFJSDLKJ little kid as IM leaving kicks sand at me.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Friggin kids. Same thing just happened to me.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My cousin had one at his July 4th party. Very nice little unit!