iHound: Locate Your Lost Or Stolen iPhone/iPod!

Dec 14, 2008
Toronto, ON
So I was recently browsing through the app store and found this uncommon app. It is four bucks and it is pretty accurate. On the "tracking map" it showed where my iPhone was about four houses down from where I live. It runs in the backround and it is pretty stealthy. It tracks the Phone through GPS meaning it does not have to be plugged into a computer for it to be located such as the other stolen app iTrak. So do I recommend this app? Of course better off spending $4 then buying a new phone.

http://www.ihoundsoftware.com

Create and account on the link above -> Install iHound on the iPhone/iPod through App Store -> Enter in username and password that was created via website -> Voula your iPhone is protected!

- Hope this helped!

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I Just don't see this as being very useful. I mean in order for this to work the application has to be running. That means that you have to remember to run the application EVERY TIME you put your iPhone down. Who wants that? I'd rather buy a new one than have to launch some application every time I put my phone down. The sad thing is I have a friend with a crappy $20 Verizon phone and the Verizon we site has GPS tracking on the phone 24/7. All he has to do is login and he can see exactly where all his family's phones are. Amazing a $20 phone can do for free what the $300 iPhone can't.

Jan 7, 2009
I Just don't see this as being very useful. I mean in order for this to work the application has to be running. That means that you have to remember to run the application EVERY TIME you put your iPhone down. Who wants that? I'd rather buy a new one than have to launch some application every time I put my phone down. The sad thing is I have a friend with a crappy $20 Verizon phone and the Verizon we site has GPS tracking on the phone 24/7. All he has to do is login and he can see exactly where all his family's phones are. Amazing a $20 phone can do for free what the $300 iPhone can't.
I think this software runs silently in the background - all the time without having to be started. Could be wrong though.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I think this software runs silently in the background - all the time without having to be started. Could be wrong though.
Well if that was the case this would be a great application. I watched the video and at the end they said to "...remember to click on the application every time you turn off your phone that way you will always be protected..."

I believe what they are saying is that if you don't execute the application EVERY TIME you exit your phone you are NOT protected. I'm pretty sure that NO iPhone application is allowed to run in the background.