iJailBroken 1.1.3, no YouTube?

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
my friend has this same problem. everything works great but no youtube. any fixes we have tried the youtube fixes on installer but nothing......

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
I think this has probably been talked about before, I did a search to no avail. Since I jailbroke my phone, YouTube does not work. I downloaded YouTube activation, but it still does not work? Any suggestions?

Thanks
I'm guessing that you have an offical iPhone account!

What you need to do is Jailbreak and allow iTunes to activate your phone... the activation records supplied by ZiPhone (or similar) doesn't seem to work all the time! So to fix, you can just do a restore... which will wipe your iPhone and put you back on a clean 1.1.3 and then allow iTunes to activate after the jailbreak... or

SSH in delete the following files:
/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/data_ark.plist
/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/device_private_key.pem
/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/device_public_key.pem
/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/* (keep the directory, delete the files)
/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/pair_records/* (keep the directory, delete the files)

Then Reboot your phone, connect to iTunes and let it activate officially!

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

What you need to do is Jailbreak and allow iTunes to activate your phone... the activation records supplied by ZiPhone (or similar) doesn't seem to work all the time! So to fix, you can just do a restore... which will wipe your iPhone and put you back on a clean 1.1.3 and then allow iTunes to activate after the jailbreak... or

/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/* (keep the directory, delete the files)
/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/pair_records/* (keep the directory, delete the files)

Yes, I have an ATT account. I'm assuming if I SSH, and have iTunes activate my phone officially, I won't have to re-jailbreak the phone?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

I did the above and re-booted. I got the message to connect to iTunes to enable YouTube, but the only option I have is "Restore". If I Restore, I'm back with a 1.1.3. And all the work I've done with the jailbreak is lost. What's more, if I re-jailbreak I'm back in the same position regarding YouTube. Am I correct?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Enable YouTube?

I jailbroke my phone using iJailBrake. Everything worked except YouTube. So I SSHed and removed the Lockdown files recommended here. Now I have no service ATT. I have an ATT account, and I want to enable my phone, but the only option I have in iTunes is "Restore"?

Any suggestions?

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
Removing the Activation records exactly as explained above is a proven method and will cause your phone to require activating by iTunes which will sort your YouTube issues out!

Failing that... Restore your phone to a clean 1.1.3... when the restore has basically finished and the phone restarts, unplug it from the cradle so that iTunes doesn't automatically activate your phone. Then close iTunes and quick the iTunes service. Reconnect your phone, run ZiPhone and select the Jailbreak only option (no activation)... if ZiPhone gives any errors, put your phone in DFU and try the Jailbreak again. Once the Jailbreak have finished your phone will boot back up and require activating... run iTunes and allow it to activate!

Some people have mentioned that once its activated, they don't get the installer.app on the springboard... if this happens you can re-run the Jailbreak option (just the jailbreak) and it seems to make the Installer.app appear!

towg

Jan 16, 2008
This is what I did - and it fixed the YouTube problem:

I restored via iTunes (to 1.1.3). Then I ran the latest version of ZiPhone and clicked the 'activate', 'unlock for any network' and 'Jailbreak' options. Then ran it.

Took two minutes and I was as right as rain.