Ike..

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Everyone who may be effected or in the path of Ike, please stay safe!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
And don't come to Dallas.

We have too much traffic here already!

j/k

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
And don't come to Dallas.

We have too much traffic here already!

j/k
Dallas traffic is a walk in the park compared to Houston and Austin and San Antonio.

And, i used to think the Texas traffic was bad.....come up to the NE are drive around a weekday afternoon up here....You'll want to pull your hair out.

ANyway, someone posted a thread below about Ike earlier this week. I hope he, and everyone else that need to get out, get out safe. I think Houston is now not in a dangerous path, but always be vigilant about the flooding. (I used to say "That's what you get for building a city on marsh lands" to Houstonians....I hate Houston, personally.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Dallas traffic is a walk in the park compared to Houston and Austin and San Antonio.

And, i used to think the Texas traffic was bad.....come up to the NE are drive around a weekday afternoon up here....You'll want to pull your hair out.

ANyway, someone posted a thread below about Ike earlier this week. I hope he, and everyone else that need to get out, get out safe. I think Houston is now not in a dangerous path, but always be vigilant about the flooding. (I used to say "That's what you get for building a city on marsh lands" to Houstonians....I hate Houston, personally.
I've lived in Austin, Houston, and SA. I think SA is not near as bad as Dallas/Houston/Austin. I actually think Austin is by far the worst. Houston is a little worse than Dallas but not by much. DFW area is still experiencing rapid growth where as most of the other areas have slowed down. Everytime I sit on 635 in the afternoon I feel like I'm in houston again.

I agree I hope everyone gets out safe. From what I'm hearing now they are urging residents to brace instead of flee unless they are in the lower lying areas.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I'm in clear lake tx about to get the eye. This is the crazyest thing I have ever been in. Hope I don't die. Haha

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
THoughts and prayers for all the Texas folk in Ikes path. Houston got slammed hard apparently. No word of Galveston ot Texas City, but I imagine they got the worst of it, since they were on the coast right in this things path.

Downtown Houston got jacked up.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
My dad is in Houston & said they lost power about 4am this morning.

On the news, they said 4million people lost power in Houston.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
THoughts and prayers for all the Texas folk in Ikes path. Houston got slammed hard apparently. No word of Galveston ot Texas City, but I imagine they got the worst of it, since they were on the coast right in this things path.

Downtown Houston got jacked up.
I heard Brennan's went up in flames. :(

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Yeah brennans did 3 people got 80% burns to the body. I'm in clear lake it's by kemah/ seabrook and I haven't lost power yet. It went out for about 2 min then came back on lost cable and Internet at about 8am. Luckyyyy. Not that bad on my block just a bunch of trees down.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
ok Ike it's time for you to leave Dallas-Ft Worth now. I'm know we can't complain as it's not anything like what the coast got, but I'm just east of Dallas and the water on the golf course has about flooded into my yard and my street looks like a river.