I'm a Contractor... what's the best case for me?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

grusel

Sep 17, 2007
I just bought an iPhone and was wondering what is the best case to protect my phone from "excessive" wear and tear? I get crap on my hands, drop my current cel 5 times a day, get blood, dirt and a large variety of undefinable muck on everything I touch. Do I need a clip, or a silicone skin. I really like the "Mobi" http://store.everythingicafe.com/content/accessories/4-54--2942.htm

Additionally... I have never purchased a cel phone. My current one (and first) was given to me by a friend. I VOWED that the first phone I bought would be the rumored "Apple Phone". Well that was 4 years ago and I finally got to keep my promise.

Thanks Apple
Thanks Dev Team
Thanks

sunny_and72

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
san diego
www.crystalninja.com
looks good to me.

this case looks great! I to have a day job that can get pretty messy... I do mosaic and concrete work... once dropped my Swarovski encrusted sidekick IN THE GROUT! hahah yes, it was quite difficult to clean. lol.... good luck with this iPhone in your field of work. I would try that case, it looks like it will protect pretty well.

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
I have a Belkin that I like so far. I also use my phone in rough environments and the phone doesn't have a spot on it yet. It's light, doesn't add much bulk, has a low profile clip, protects the phone pretty well, and it's easy to access the phone. The only down side to this case is it leaves the top edge of the phone (where the head phones plug in) exposed, but so far this hasn't been a concern.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I just bought an iPhone and was wondering what is the best case to protect my phone from "excessive" wear and tear? I get crap on my hands, drop my current cel 5 times a day, get blood, dirt and a large variety of undefinable muck on everything I touch. Do I need a clip, or a silicone skin. I really like the "Mobi" http://store.everythingicafe.com/content/accessories/4-54--2942.htm

Additionally... I have never purchased a cel phone. My current one (and first) was given to me by a friend. I VOWED that the first phone I bought would be the rumored "Apple Phone". Well that was 4 years ago and I finally got to keep my promise.

Thanks Apple
Thanks Dev Team
Thanks
I've got a dirty outdoors job and am looking forward to owning an iPhone hopefully in the near future.

I've kept my eyes on this case:

It's even supposed to protect the screen and still be functional!

Looks like it could be a bit bulky, but that doesn't bother me that much. Maybe use this case at work and a more attractive sleek one on the weekends out and about.

Haven't seen a release date or price yet though, I believe otterbox can get expensive ($50-$100 range) from what I've heard but worth the investment if you ask me!

Good Luck!

And welcome to "our" forums, or better yet "the" forum I frequent to get all things iPhone updates and news until I get one myself, hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

bnelse92

Jul 29, 2007
The Otter Box looks very interesting and I will probably try one as soon as it is out. For now, I use this case, Incipio Executive http://store.everythingicafe.com/content/accessories/4-20--2762.htm. It offers pretty good protection but is easy to access and use the iPhone, especially one-handed which happens often for me. I personally did not want any case with a flip screen protector or any thing clipped onto it that could break. I just use the screen protecting film that comes with the case and I have found this to be sufficient. The iPhone screen is pretty durable so I am not too worried. The one big drawback to this case is that it doesn't cover the ports on the iPhone, so periodically I have to blow out the docking port and headphone jack to remove a little dust from time to time. If you are in a very dirty environmet often, ie a lot of airborne particles, then this might be a problem for you. I just leave my iPhone in my van if I'm going to be getting that dirty anyways, as I would probably not even consider using it while engaged in that particular activity.