I'm a restoring properly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hey im wondering if im restoring properly, i sync then restore to factory setting but when im finished restoring i still have the photos that i have taken on the camera and it still remembers the password to my router at home.. im just thinking that it should not remember any of that if i did a restore... im on 1.1.2... just wondering if i am restoring properly or if there is another way to restore.. thanks

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
hey im wondering if im restoring properly, i sync then restore to factory setting but when im finished restoring i still have the photos that i have taken on the camera and it still remembers the password to my router at home.. im just thinking that it should not remember any of that if i did a restore... im on 1.1.2... just wondering if i am restoring properly or if there is another way to restore.. thanks

The other way to restore is to shift or option click the restore button then select the firmware on you HD you want to restore from. I have had no luck getting my phone to work after doing a 1.1.1 - 1.1.2 restore i always had to do the restore, then JB 1.1.1 and install everything i need for jailbreaking 1.1.2. Then i do an upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
The other way to restore is to shift or option click the restore button then select the firmware on you HD you want to restore from. I have had no luck getting my phone to work after doing a 1.1.1 - 1.1.2 restore i always had to do the restore, then JB 1.1.1 and install everything i need for jailbreaking 1.1.2. Then i do an upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that.
How many times have you gone up and down? I've done it 4 times.... just went back to 1.1.1 and downgraded baseband to stay... have you had any issues with 1.1.2 cause mine was buggy

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thanks for all the answers... i figured that 1.1.2 was equipped with the capability to keep all that info but just wanted to make sure... thanks