IM + All in One Messenger

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...it states in the app description that this app has iChat...yet its not a choice in the service...and i guess you can only use one service at a time...

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Ya but iChat isn't a service. My iChat allows me to use the AIM service so when saying this it basically doesn't mean anything. Which do you normally use?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
This thread grew so fast so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there is also a new edge icon, very much like the new 3G one.

I JUST noticed I posted this in the wrong thread, LOL!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Ya but iChat isn't a service. My iChat allows me to use the AIM service so when saying this it basically doesn't mean anything. Which do you normally use?
i use AIM...the servc on this particular app has AOL/Google Talk--etc...

Sep 30, 2008
Help

I just got my iPhone yesterday and am trying to get this IM all in one app to work. I have it set up but when I go back to my home screen then the app closes and makes me unavailable. I am just trying to use yahoo messenger. I have tried everything I can think of but with all of the apps, it takes me off line when I go to the home page. Any suggestions would be GREAT!
Thanks!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just got my iPhone yesterday and am trying to get this IM all in one app to work. I have it set up but when I go back to my home screen then the app closes and makes me unavailable. I am just trying to use yahoo messenger. I have tried everything I can think of but with all of the apps, it takes me off line when I go to the home page. Any suggestions would be GREAT!
Thanks!
If all you need is Yahoo! Messenger then I would suggest Yahoo! oneConnect.

I found it easy to setup. And it has Yahoo! emoticons and everything!

Sep 30, 2008
I tried that too but each time I push the home button and go to a different app like SMS testing then I go to yahoo connect itshows me offline and I don't get the new I'm's I really appreciatethe help!

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Try palringo app you can use all im services (aim yahoo msn) i use it and love it

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I tried that too but each time I push the home button and go to a different app like SMS testing then I go to yahoo connect itshows me offline and I don't get the new I'm's I really appreciatethe help!
Well, pony up $15.99 for BeeJiveIM, which is the best out there right now.

For the free ones, you have to be in the program if you want to be shown as "online."

thomasanderson

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks!
Since you just got your iPhone yesterday you probably don't know that Apple doesn't allow programs to run in the background like Windows and Blackberries do. If a particular app isn't active it has to shut down completely.