I'm all out of luck. Please help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trankd88, Mar 17, 2010.

1. trankd88

trankd88 New Member

Alright guys, I posted this in AskReddit, but just realized there's an iPhone subreddit so decided to post it here as well. I've been reading various forums and have been messing with my iPhone for about 3.5 hours now and I am totally out of luck. Yes, I understand Google is my best friend, but I promise you I have tried everything.

I'm going to try to explain what happened the best I can. A little bit of info first:

My girlfriend gave me her 3g iPhone (she had ATT) a few months ago. I unlocked/Jailbroke the phone to work with tmobile with Blackra1n by geohot with my macbook. Everything was perfect until yesterday.

My phone completely died, so I tried charging it. The phone has died before, but this time, it didn't charge and was stuck on the silver Apple icon screen. I was suggested to restore, so I put the phone in recovery mode, restored to factory settings AND had no choice but to update (restore to back up was not an option, so I opted with complete restore). Also, iTunes is the current version 9.0.3.

NOW, I am stuck on the Emergency Call Screen with the charger and iTunes icons.
    At first, I was pissed that I was going to lose all my information, but now I am so frustrated that I have a bricked iPhone, that was previously working perfectly fine before. Please help me fix. Thanks in advance!

2. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

okay, so the problem is that you are on 3.1.3. wow you're pretty screwed. you have to find a way to downgrade to 3.1.2 again via blackra1n by downloading the firmware for 3.1.2 and then going from there.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The problem is that 3.1.3 has an updated baseband and that baseband can't be unlocked. You can roll back the firmware to 3.1.2 but the baseband will remain the same and won't work with T-Mobile.

For future reference: When using an unlocked iPhone, don't do anything like this before researching or asking on a forum. You would have been alright if you had downloaded and saved the 3.1.2 ipsw to your desktop and then hit the shift key before pushing the restore button (option+restore Mac) in iTunes.

Depending on your bootloader, you may be able to roll back the baseband. That's your ONLY option. Check into it.

4. jr3650sp

jr3650sp New Member