I'm an idiot, but can you help me anyways :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I modded my phone for the first time, using the install app, and put some cool stuff on it over the weekend. I decided to go with Ifuntastic after reading about it and the only thing I could figure out to do was to restore my phone to my saved settings and get rid of the install app and start over with funtastic. I upgraded my iTunes for some unknown reason (must've been drunk) and it could not find my default settings I saved for my phone....so I lost absolutely everything I had and had to start over like it was a brand new phone. I was pissed about this, then even more pissed when I read more and found out that ifuntastic is only available for mac users....ugh!
So, I went back and did the install app and put the previous features I had back on the phone. My biggest mistake was wanting to clean up the home page and not paying attention to how I was doing it. I hid all of my widgets except the ones I use constantly....including the installer and rsbd? widget. Now I can only access my text/calendar/camera and calculator up top, and the phone/mail/safari/maps on the dock. I seriously need to figure out how to find the widgets....I'm not at home and don't have access to my computer or iTunes right now...can I use my computer when I do get home to find these? or is there a way that I'm not aware of to get into hidden applications on the iPhone? Please help me...I don't want to have to reset my phone again.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I modded my phone for the first time, using the install app, and put some cool stuff on it over the weekend. I decided to go with Ifuntastic after reading about it and the only thing I could figure out to do was to restore my phone to my saved settings and get rid of the install app and start over with funtastic. I upgraded my iTunes for some unknown reason (must've been drunk) and it could not find my default settings I saved for my phone....so I lost absolutely everything I had and had to start over like it was a brand new phone. I was pissed about this, then even more pissed when I read more and found out that ifuntastic is only available for mac users....ugh!
So, I went back and did the install app and put the previous features I had back on the phone. My biggest mistake was wanting to clean up the home page and not paying attention to how I was doing it. I hid all of my widgets except the ones I use constantly....including the installer and rsbd? widget. Now I can only access my text/calendar/camera and calculator up top, and the phone/mail/safari/maps on the dock. I seriously need to figure out how to find the widgets....I'm not at home and don't have access to my computer or iTunes right now...can I use my computer when I do get home to find these? or is there a way that I'm not aware of to get into hidden applications on the iPhone? Please help me...I don't want to have to reset my phone again.
Can you use AppTap and put the Installer app on your phone? Then you can download rSBT and change your hidden widgets to unhidden.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I can't download apptap while at work, it requires iTunes (i believe) it keeps giving me an error message saying it won't download can't find file blah blah blah....I reckon I can do that with my laptop when I get home. If I put iTunes on my work computer just to do this, then delete it afterward...will it sync my music to the new iTunes or will it delete all that's on my phone?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I can't download apptap while at work, it requires iTunes (i believe) it keeps giving me an error message saying it won't download can't find file blah blah blah....I reckon I can do that with my laptop when I get home. If I put iTunes on my work computer just to do this, then delete it afterward...will it sync my music to the new iTunes or will it delete all that's on my phone?
I don't think you need iTunes. And yeah you definitely don't want to sync your phone to two separate computers, that will cause problems for sure. If AppTap won't work try iBrickr.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Thank you all, I got home and plugged in and re-installed the app-tapp thing and now all the widgets came back to my home screen...thank God. Now I would like to change the colors and words and such, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to use Ibrickr.