IM apps, no ads! (BBM)

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by ivantwilliams, Nov 1, 2014.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

When it comes to paying for an app, I have no problem with it. It is the same as paying someone to perform a job for you. But, what I can't stand are ads. I will pay even more, just to not have ads in an app.

Coming from a BlackBerry (Z10, Q10 and Z30), I didn't have to worry about ads in BBM. Albeit, they started with 'Stickers'. Seriously, that's what they want to offer, when there are so many other things they could be working on? Anyway, I digress...

All that to say and ask, what other IM apps are available on multiple OS' besides BBM & WhatsApp? I'm this ---- close to deleting BBM. Well, unless they offer a paid version soon; and I can't see that happening...

Yes, I hate ads that much.

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I can tolerate ads but only if the are not too intrusive. If it's a flashing ad at the bottom, that is fine. It's when the ad pops up when you are using the app or you get redirected to a video to continue your progress. I do think it's great that some developers will offer a paid version with no ads. It's not a total solution to the problem.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've never seen ads in iMessage! There's been a few reports of spam ads, but nothing regular. I like iMessage. iMessage and Facebook Messenger are all I use for my text messaging needs.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Ps: IM in the subject line stands for Instant Messenger :)

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums
    Instagram: naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: naviwilliams

#4 ivantwilliams, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015