I'm detoxing...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
...and it sucks. All I want to do is sleep. :(

Almost got into a fist fight yesterday and let me tell you, I wanted nothing more than to fix my head with a nice buzz the minute I got home. What did I do instead? Doubled my gym routine, went to bed when I got home, woke up 2 hours later for Dance class and went immediately to bed afterwards.

Long story short, don't start, because stopping is the worst. I have a personality that tends to keep doing things I find pleasure in, but in excess. I put my repo together in a two day binge without sleep because I was so into the gratification I received when I saw stuff "work." I forgot what these personalities are called, but I got one and it sucks big time when applied to the wrong things.

Only another week to go...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
ouch man, good luck.
that's one of the reasons why i don't do anything..

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I know that feeling on obsessing on things, and definitely have had my share of sleepless nights on projects and things. Agree it is very hard to stop.

I may have missed something obvious, but one more week for what? Is that when your lady comes back or something?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
...and it sucks. All I want to do is sleep. :(

Almost got into a fist fight yesterday and let me tell you, I wanted nothing more than to fix my head with a nice buzz the minute I got home. What did I do instead? Doubled my gym routine, went to bed when I got home, woke up 2 hours later for Dance class and went immediately to bed afterwards.

Long story short, don't start, because stopping is the worst. I have a personality that tends to keep doing things I find pleasure in, but in excess. I put my repo together in a two day binge without sleep because I was so into the gratification I received when I saw stuff "work." I forgot what these personalities are called, but I got one and it sucks big time when applied to the wrong things.

Only another week to go...
i want to ask - detox for what?

because i don't want to make any assumptions..

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
@Patrickj

1 more week for these symptoms to pass, I'm getting over the conditioning of my daily rituals. Y'know like what I'd do when I got home from work or if I had something affect me and dealing with in other ways besides addressing the issue at hand.

@tmotd

Detoxing off a narcotic in Section 1101 (d) of Health and Safety Code. Whoever said its non addictive is full of crap.

H

Hayesimus

I have been through detox before. For caffeine! i jest but it is honestly a detox process. I worked at a movie rental place and all i drank at work was Pepsi. so that when i had a few days off, i had some pretty severe headaches which i suddenly realized were because i didn't drink sodas outside of work. Well, i gave them up cold turkey and i felt better, i looked better. Just was better! But now about 95% of what i drink is Coke. so... i really need to do it again before i start getting more cavities. They stopped appearing also when i gave up sodas.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hang tough. Coming from a family of pharmacists, I know what prescription drugs can do.

H

Hayesimus

oh and btw. sorry you are detoxing but it will be worth it i suppose. good luck!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
@Patrickj

1 more week for these symptoms to pass, I'm getting over the conditioning of my daily rituals. Y'know like what I'd do when I got home from work or if I had something affect me and dealing with in other ways besides addressing the issue at hand.

@tmotd

Detoxing off a narcotic in Section 1101 (d) of Health and Safety Code. Whoever said its non addictive is full of crap.
That sounds rough. I hope the week goes as quickly as it can. I think gym and dance are great outlets - exercise is a huge tension reliever and makes you tired / helps with sleep, at least for me it lives up to those things.

When my dad passed away (lot of years ago) I totally 'lost the plot' - was not coping with life at all and was drinking like a crazed drinking fool, serious savage drinking. Found that exercise - for me gym, swimming, karate got me where I was gradually coping with days better ...

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
good luck. Hopefully it is just coke or something else kickable...not meth.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
x999x, that does suck, but good for you for sticking it out! I remember seeing Janeane Garofalo perform (who I think is hilarious), and she was talking about how she went through the same thing. Hellish, but she looked back on it with humor. There are many gifted and accomplished individuals who have gone through the same thing because, as you said, they focused their drive on the wrong things. I give you props - keep hanging in there.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for all your support folks!

I was up until 5am yesterday because I've been sleeping so much, lol!

BTW- I love Janeane Garofalo, met her at the ViperRoom when I went to see a friends band, "Trainwreck" :p I have to admit, she was extremely attractive that night, I love her new image. Oh yeah, SHE'S TINY! My first impression was "Hey, why are they crowding around that person, OH, maybe its a kid and they're a friend of the band." Needless to say, I was glad I went over to investigate :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I thought she was hilarious in "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion" so I started watching out for her stuff and went to see her when she did a show in NYC - she was hilarious the entire time. I don't always agree with everything she says, but I love her dry humor. She's definitely a cutie. :)

H

Hayesimus

I love R&M H.S. Reunion! "I invented Post-it Notes... yeah."

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
hey hope all I going well good luck man