I'm getting a little pissed off

Vultren

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I just checked my phone and well... no music, videos, and playlists. If I knew 1.1.4 was going to be this disappointing I wouldn’t of done it. Now, because of the dumb update that I didn't need (as far as I know) I have to sit on the computer and load every single song and video back to my phone.

I was starting to think that this isn't like Apple to make the update so lame, there’s gotta be something more to it. I just find it hard to believe that this was just a "bug" update. The Starbucks thing would really make me happy, but until then I’m very unimpressed and disappointed.

Is any one else with me?

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I'm really sorry to hear that. I did the 1.1.4 upgrade to both my Touch and my iPhone with no hiccups whatsoever. Everything was working as before once the system was done with the update. I didn't lose anything.

Were you/are you a Jailbreaker?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
sorry, but im not with you. im not pissed at all. maybe im just not as techie as some, but i bought this phone in july of 2007 and the company that made it keeps providing these free updates. sometimes they add new features, but other times they just make the phone do what it does better. what's there to be pissed about?

i am with you in thinking that there may be more to this update than we can see right now. patience, grasshopper. it's all life until you die.

Vultren

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Nope, wasn't jailbroken.... but on top of all this, apparently I have 5.6 GB of "other". I have no clue what this is... or how its there.

I'm thinking about doing a restore, but If I do that ill lose all my contacts :(

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
sorry, but im not with you. im not pissed at all. maybe im just not as techie as some, but i bought this phone in july of 2007 and the company that made it keeps providing these free updates. sometimes they add new features, but other times they just make the phone do what it does better. what's there to be pissed about?

i am with you in thinking that there may be more to this update than we can see right now. patience, grasshopper. it's all life until you die.
Couldn't have said it better myself. This phone is still the iPhone! It is not perfect but I think Apple has don a great job of updating it regularly.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Nope, wasn't jailbroken.... but on top of all this, apparently I have 5.6 GB of "other". I have no clue what this is... or how its there.

I'm thinking about doing a restore, but If I do that ill lose all my contacts :(
You can do a restore and then use a back-up. You won't lose anything.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if you keep your music in iTunes, and your contacts synced to your computer like you're supposed to, then all you have to do is restore and resync. it'll take 30 minutes max, which is mostly automated by iTunes... it requires very little effort on the user's end.

weird s%#! happens with software once in a while no matter what company makes it. That's why you back up your stuff.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Weren't we all required to agree to the same terms when we bought this thing, that Steve now owns our souls and shall use us to beta test his software and fatten his pockets before he releases the mainstream version of the iPhone, unlocked at $49 with 20 hours of battery life, full bluetooth support, dual core processor, 64 gigs of memory, flash and java, 3G, wifi-N, EVDO/CDMA, GPS maps, cut/paste and a high definition camera with a lens on the front and back, video, MMS, and webcam support? Or were they just pulling my leg?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So what is this new upgrade suppose to do? Just take care of some bugs?

This is the required update for the SDK being released on The 6th:

February 27, 2008, 12:51 pm
Apple To Hold March 6 Press Event On iPhone SDK

Posted by Eric Savitz
Apple (AAPL) has issued a media advisory for a March 6 event (logo above) on the company’s campus in Cupertino to focus on “the iPhone software roadmap, including the iPhone SDK and some exciting new enterprise features.”
There has been considerable buzzing about the status of the iPhone SDK in the blogosphere lately; the company had originally said it would ship in February, and it is obviously a tad behind schedule.
Apple today is up $1.46, or 1.2%, at $120.61.

wbjunkie

Feb 17, 2008
Sorry but not only am I pissed I hate Apple.
If they would spend a fraction of their time trying to keep their phones locked on some real development. Things would be way better.

This is a badly rushed product.
Sorry but the thought of fancy scrolling through 200 contacts in an emergency looses its charm real fast.

I did the upgrade to 1.1.4 and it bricked my phone.
Yes I paid a fortune and purchased my phone from a shop in a country which does not support these phones.

I fail to see what the issue with locking the phone is.
Steve is having these phones punched out for PEANUTS in china.
More hacked phones are in use than legit phones.

Now wonder Apples effort at keeping these phones locked is so half arsed.
Either do it right or don't bother.

As a phone I wouldn't give this even 1 star. The reception sucks. the range sucks the battery sucks. My Nokia 6610 purchased in 1999 was more intuitive and a better phone. Flaming me wont help hide this simple truth.

What it is is a Geek toy. And I love it.
Ive got big plans for my iPhone. But its more like a love hate relationship. Im going to get a real phone and keep this as a toy or small PC and use it for what I have planed.
Had to spend 12 hours straight to unbrick my phone. (The hack masters still hadnt released all the info at the time). I only had one thought in my mind through out. F-Apple. This sucks and is so pointless.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Sorry but not only am I pissed I hate Apple.
If they would spend a fraction of their time trying to keep their phones locked on some real development. Things would be way better.

This is a badly rushed product.
Sorry but the thought of fancy scrolling through 200 contacts in an emergency looses its charm real fast.

I did the upgrade to 1.1.4 and it bricked my phone.
Yes I paid a fortune and purchased my phone from a shop in a country which does not support these phones.

I fail to see what the issue with locking the phone is.
Steve is having these phones punched out for PEANUTS in china.
More hacked phones are in use than legit phones.

Now wonder Apples effort at keeping these phones locked is so half arsed.
Either do it right or don't bother.

As a phone I wouldn't give this even 1 star. The reception sucks. the range sucks the battery sucks. My Nokia 6610 purchased in 1999 was more intuitive and a better phone. Flaming me wont help hide this simple truth.

What it is is a Geek toy. And I love it.
Ive got big plans for my iPhone. But its more like a love hate relationship. Im going to get a real phone and keep this as a toy or small PC and use it for what I have planed.
Had to spend 12 hours straight to unbrick my phone. (The hack masters still hadnt released all the info at the time). I only had one thought in my mind through out. F-Apple. This sucks and is so pointless.

If only Apple had put a label on the iPhone box warning retards not to buy the product, then you would have been ok and none of this would have happened....

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
I just checked my phone and well... no music, videos, and playlists. If I knew 1.1.4 was going to be this disappointing I wouldn’t of done it. Now, because of the dumb update that I didn't need (as far as I know) I have to sit on the computer and load every single song and video back to my phone.
As far I know, Apple released the 1.1.4 update to do some bug-fixes, If your iPhone/iPod Touch is not working correctly then rather downgrade to 1.1.3 :)

wbjunkie

Feb 17, 2008
lol insulting me will not cover up the truth.
I take it all of you are siting in the USA on AT&T contracts.
2 minutes after making the last post my speaker went dead. No sound from the phone calls or ipod.

Have decided to just pull the sim and go back to my Nokia. Till this turns into a real phone. That doesn't have bug fixes ever month. I thought Vista sucked this is worse.
Will work on the code ports for the apps Im working on at least the dev chain came down ok.

Let things stabilize.

LOL I get pretty well paid and am at the top of my field. Wish more people where retarded.
Why are there so many zea lots around.
Get your head unstuck and see the truth.
Its a great gadget and toy. THE TOY for 2007 but please don't try and justify the mess of issues that do exist.

I came here wondering why nobody else is complaining. Now I know.
You get called a retard and get shot down. Very nice community living in la la land.

Ps: 101th full restore done. It works as a phone. Every time restore loose all my custom apps. My symbolic links and all customization done to the phone.
my best bet is to scrap iTunes. And just use it as what I purchased it for. i.e. a mini laptop that allows me to develop the apps I need.
iTunes just isn't doing anything for me other than crashing my pc and phone.

Ps: Guess Im on the wrong forum. This is user forum. Where you go wow Im so clever I synced my iTunes and got my album art work for free. And it works. My bad. Sorry to waste your time. This complete post is addresed to the smart Arse who called me a retard.
To the others who really tried to help Thank you sir.