I'm getting the 3G tomorrow, suggestions?

Burke9077

Aug 21, 2008
I have literally no idea what to expect.

When I open up the box I will pick up from my local AT&T, will I be able to make calls then?

Will I have to plug it into my computer/iTunes to make it work?

Is the data free and unlimited forever, whenever?

Can I make unlimited calls to AT&T customers?

Can I use WiFi to make calls? My house is what you might call a 'dead-zone'. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere.

What is your overall experience? Your biggest complaint?

What is the actual battery life that your phone has?

Do you have the 16 Gig? Why did you get it? Did you pick up the 8 Gig? Is it enough?

Thanks!

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
If activated it at home u gotta use iTunes to do so. Also drain your battery complety after your first charge.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
well what happened when i got mine was they took it out of the box plugged it in and it was activated. if your porting a number you will have to carry both phones for a few hours because it takes a lil bit for your iPhone to be able to receive calls. you can send text and call people but when they respond it will go to your old phone. when you first get it don't be fooled by the "aaahhh" factor and look it over CLOSELY. for any problems and go and open different apps and try as many things as you can this will alleviate any simple problems you may occur. as for battery i have had mine for two days know and i have everything turned on except 3g and wifi and my screen brightness is down low and the battery is still going pretty good. i did plug it in to update and play around in the app store. the data plan is 30 and it is unlimited. my biggest complaint is going to be the first months bill.

Aug 15, 2008
I have literally no idea what to expect.

When I open up the box I will pick up from my local AT&T, will I be able to make calls then?

Will I have to plug it into my computer/iTunes to make it work?

Is the data free and unlimited forever, whenever?

Can I make unlimited calls to AT&T customers?

Can I use WiFi to make calls? My house is what you might call a 'dead-zone'. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere.

What is your overall experience? Your biggest complaint?

What is the actual battery life that your phone has?

Do you have the 16 Gig? Why did you get it? Did you pick up the 8 Gig? Is it enough?

Thanks!
Get the 16 gig white and trade me for my 16 gig Black