I'm having a lot of problems with 1.1.3

oxdottir

Jan 16, 2008
I was convinced that when i got up there had to be a new update. When browsing in safari now, or getting mail, at least 7 times out of 10 I am told safari can't find the server or the smpt server can't be found. The fact that no one else is complaining about this really worries me. What's different about me? I have no custom anything: All I've done is us my phone out of the box and update when possible.

I also find that when I try to open a map, only tiny portions display, it won't display my existing addresses, at all (not for directions or just for static). Others have mentioned contact addresses are a problem, so I'm less worried about that.

Did I just miss others complaining about safari/mail connections? I'm hating my iPhone life.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I think your problem may be your service. Are you using wifi mostly or Edge. Depending on the time of day my edge gets sluggish. Wifi is always good, except when there are lots of people on it.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
I lose EDGE service more often now too.... your not alone

Joseph B

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I'm having many of these same issues. Google MAPS, in particular, seems to have a lot of problems finding my contact addresses.

I found that periodically clearing the Safari cache seems to get rid of some of the "Cannot find the Server" errors. But shouldn't Safari be able to maintain the cache on it's own? Perhaps it has something to do with Safari using a new page every time I launch a "Web App" from one of the new Home Page icons ...

Jul 1, 2007
Clear the cache?

I'm having many of these same issues. Google MAPS, in particular, seems to have a lot of problems finding my contact addresses.

I found that periodically clearing the Safari cache seems to get rid of some of the "Cannot find the Server" errors. But shouldn't Safari be able to maintain the cache on it's own? Perhaps it has something to do with Safari using a new page every time I launch a "Web App" from one of the new Home Page icons ...
I know how to clear the cache on my MBP but how do you do it on the iPhone?