i'm having a problem after updating to 2.0

Jul 17, 2007
hey guys. i have a first gen iPhone and on sunday, i upgraded to v 2.0 from iTunes. it was great, i was downloading some of the free apps and was loving it. however, yesterday afternoon, i noticed that my phone kept saying "no service". I called ATT and they said check the SIM card. I put it in another phone, and it worked fine. It's just not picking up any service in my iPhone. The WIFI will also not work, even though it detects a signal. I got this phone last July and it has never been dropped or exposed to any kind of bad conditions. I have an appt with the genius bar tomorrow, but was hoping you could help. thanks in advance.

p.s. i've tried resetting the network settings and the phone. the phone is not in airplane mode either.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You may have to do a restore

Jul 17, 2007
i restored the phone and lost everything on it. however, it did not fix the problem.

Jul 17, 2007
update: i called AT&T and they put a provision on my account. it fixed the problem. The guy at Apple said my SIM card may have gone bad, even though it works in other phones, it may not work in the iPhone. Im eligible for a free SIM card. Do you think I should get it changed. If the SIM is damaged, why would the phone work now? i mean, i already lost everything with my restore, so i guess a new SIM cant hurt. what do you think?

Jul 17, 2007
well to update you guys. i replaced the SIM but still had the same problem. at the genius bar, they decided that it was the phone so they gave me a new first gen iPhone right out the box. i updated to 2.0 and it still working good. hopefully, it stays that way.

Mar 7, 2008
I updated to 2.0 on Sunday as well. The phone was working fine and then slowly the touch screen started to die. Tried to restore several times, no help. It just got worse. I called Apple, of course they say it had nothing to do with the upgrade.
Now my poor iPhone is on it's way to Apple to either be fixed or I will receive a refurbished one (which I don't think is exactly fair). I am now using my Razor..kind of strange to use this phone again. I'll keep you posted as to how this all plays out.