I'm having issues with MS Outlook and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by bmarleyzq8, Nov 6, 2011.

1. bmarleyzq8

bmarleyzq8 New Member

So I was finally able to get MS outlook set up on my phone but the issue I'm having is that I can send and receive emails among outlook and hotmail using my iPhone to both send and open. But nothing I do from my phone shows up on my pc. If I receive an email in outlook from a co worker or someone else, I can't see it on my phone. Any thoughts?

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I'm not familiar with hotmail but you need to setup hotmail on your phone and pc as a IMAP mail account. By doing this ( if you can on hotmail) the hotmail server will send your mail to all your devices. Beware if you send from one device it will show up in your sent mail on your other device. Also works that way when you delete. The link below should help.

http://www.sirslur.com/2010/09/01/hotmail-has-imap-and-works-on-iphone/

3. bmarleyzq8

bmarleyzq8 New Member

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. My hotmail is fine. The problem is my outlook. When my co workers email me, everything shows up perfectly on my outlook using a pc. But my outlook account on my phone never receives them. Also if I email them using outlook on my phone, they never get the mail. But if I send an email from my hotmail using my phone they do show up in my outlook and just the same, if I send an email from my outlook to my hotmail using the phone they will show up in hotmail. Does that make any sense? It's a pain because my Outlook is a huge part of my job.

4. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Who is the provider for your Outlook email account? Is it a company-based email? If so, it should probably be set up as an Exchange account on your iPhone. On your pc be sure to uncheck any box within options or preferences that says "remove email from server". It sounds like Outlook is always open on your pc and when it gets a new email it removes it from the server, preventing your iPhone from getting it. Failure to send via the iPhone sounds like a misconfigured account. Check that on the iPhone your work email isn't using an outgoing server that's different from your company's server. If your outgoing email server is, say, a GMail server then that email won't show up in Outlook.

With many Exchange/work-based accounts you have to get settings from your IT department. If you set up the account without these settings your outgoing email server may default to whatever the last account you set up uses.