I'm Italian, could you explain me that?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I found this disclamer at the bottom of the Warranty page of iPhone about the AppleCare Protection Plan

Please note: Apple is not authorized to sell the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone (APP for iPhone) to residents of Nevada or Wyoming. If you are a resident of Nevada or Wyoming, please do not order APP for iPhone. If you submit an order that includes the APP for iPhone, Apple will remove the item from your order, notify you about the removal, and process the remaining items on your order.
Just a question: WHY?

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Each State in the U.S. has different laws governing warranties and protection plans. It's likely that due to the laws of these two States the plans are illegal or null and void.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
just like i cant get gieco insurance in mass... because of state laws i believe.. stupid states should let us do what we want.... and Nevada is funny because thats the one place that you think you can do frickin anything but apparently not get app on an iPhone

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Ok, but my question was another

What are the reasons that make this possible? What motivations give Nevada and Wyoming? I've never heard such a thing, that's it :sick:
I don't know for certain but I would assume it's not that those states are against Apple per se, it's that AppleCare Protection is seen as a form of insurance and there are rules and regulations covering the sale of insurance and extended warranties.

These rules can vary by state. Even in states where Apple can sell APP there are state laws that override Apple's terms and conditions. Plenty of examples here:
http://images.apple.com/legal/Applecare/docs/app_iphone_english.pdf

--
Mike

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Each state has their own specifics regarding warranties, this is why Applecare is not allowed in select states...it has absolutely nothing to do with insurance laws as Applecare is not at all a form of insurance, rather just a way to extend your Apple warranty by one year.

The reasoning for the state laws are based on past lawsuits, etc. regarding unfair warranties.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Each state has their own specifics regarding warranties, this is why Applecare is not allowed in select states
Nope. APP is not a warranty, it is an extended warranty offered for sale. Big difference.

.it has absolutely nothing to do with insurance laws as Applecare is not at all a form of insurance, rather just a way to extend your Apple warranty by one year.
Really? Where exactly do you get your information? Perhaps you should let the states of Connecticut , New Hampshire, and North Carolina know how incorrect they are. They think of it as a form of insurance. Right from APP's terms and conditions:

"Connecticut Residents
The expiration date of the Plan will automatically be extended by the period that the Covered Equipment is in Apple’s custody while being serviced. Resolution of Disputes: Disputes may be resolved by arbitration. Unresolved disputes or complaints may be mailed, with a copy of this Plan, to State of Connecticut, Insurance Dept., P.O. Box 816, Hartford, CT 06142-0846

New Hampshire Residents

In the event you do not receive satisfaction under this contract, you may contact the New Hampshire insurance department, by mail at State Of New Hampshire Insurance Department, 21 South Fruit Street, Suite 14,Concord NH 03301, or by telephone, via Consumer Assistance, at 800-
852-3416.

South Carolina Residents
Unresolved complaints or Plan regulation questions may be addressed to the South Carolina Department of Insurance, P.O. Box 100105, Columbia, South Carolina 29202-3105, Tel: 1-800-768-3467."

http://images.apple.com/legal/Applecare/docs/app_iphone_english.pdf

--
Mike