I'm looking for a movie "watch list" app that can ...

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by GadgetGuru72, Jan 19, 2016.

1. GadgetGuru72

GadgetGuru72 New Member

I've been looking for a movie "watch list" app that, rather than just giving me a list of movies I want to see, will actually tell me what on what platforms, if any, I can currently watch the movie.

This sounds so simple and obvious, but I cannot seem to find an app that does this.

For example, if I have a "watch list" of 20 movies, which ones are in the theaters, which ones are on DVD, which ones are in Redbox, which ones can stream on Netflix, Hulu and/or Amazon, etc.

I can find apps that offer some of that, but I can't seem to find one that does it all in a nice interface.

There are apps like JustWatch, that will tell me which streaming services offer movies on my watchlist, but JustWatch does not include unreleased movies. So, movies like Deadpool are not currently in their database. So, I would need to use two different apps, one for "unreleased" movies and one for "released" movies.

Then you have the more obvious choices like IMDB, which offers a watchlist, and contains both released and unreleased movies. They also will tell you which movies are available at Amazon (its parent company), but not other streaming services.

I'm pretty surprised this doesn't already exist, so I must be missing something. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't know the answer, though I do know of an app that will tell you the best time to go pee during hundreds of movies.

3. NeilL

NeilL New Member

Roku has a "MyFeed" feature that more or less does that. I use it but also have a Roku device so I'm not sure if you can just create a Roku account and use it or if you need to have a registered Roku. I don't think that it covers sources like Redbox either but perhaps worth looking at,

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Do tell.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

What is the premise of this movie? I actually proposed offering a Dead Pool game here in the forums to Hank some time back, but he didn't think it was appropriate for a "family friendly" site like this.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Run Pee.
    They show a PG-13 version of the Deadpool trailer at The Hateful Eight, but editing it ruins it. To get a real idea for the movie, you have to watch the R-rated extra NSFW version of the trailer. It looks good!

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

RunPee.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

She beat you! :D

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Meh. I never read her posts.