I'm looking for the PC equivelant of an iPhone App

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by iPutz, Jul 18, 2015.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have an app on my iPhone 6 called CamScanner that allows me to take a .jpg photo on my phone, that looks like the first photo below, crop it and turn it into the second photo. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the CamScanner app for use on a PC? I have searched on the internet and haven't been very successful at finding anything free or at cost

IMG_5555.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You should be able to crop a photo in windows paint. But this is a free one that will also do it
    http://www.irfanview.com

3. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

In addition to @RoofMonkey's recommendation, if you have Office 2007, 2010 or 2013, you can use Microsoft Picture Manager.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thank you for the replies. I have MS office 2007 and have tried Picture manager and also MS paint and unfortunately, neither one will allow me to crop in the shape of a trapezoid (the top photo's black sign) and then morph it into a rectangle. I have several programs that will allow me to crop and eliminate everything outside the cropped area but the shape of the initial cropped area is always a perfect rectangle. The corners cannot be moved individually such that I could end up with a polygon having four corners of 90, 30, 45 and 15 degrees respectively. I need to be able to alter that initial crop by moving the corners individually and then expand the selected cropped area into a perfect rectangle. Maybe a screenshot from the app may help explain what I am trying to do.

IMG_5775.PNG

The screen capture above shows the original photo from my initial post and also shows how the crop lines are placed prior to executing the crop command. When executed, everything outside the cropped area is eliminated and the cropped area is morphed into a perfect rectangle as shown in the second photo of my original post. Grabbing any of the light blue circles at the corners will drag the straight blue lines with it to alter the shape of the area to be cropped. I have a series of maybe 30 photos that I need to apply this operation to but have already moved them to the PC and they're no longer on the iPhone. Hope this helps explain what I am trying to do.

#4 iPutz, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

First of all, a big thank you to all who are trying to help me with this issue. I think I have come up with a work around. I'm using iTunes to put the pictures back onto the phone, altering the photos as needed then putting them back onto the computer. It's a little more cumbersome this way than doing it on a PC but it works. Thanks again Y'all.