I'm lost......

Jan 13, 2008
Hey everyone,

Could someone please help me out? I've been reading so many threads about jailbreaking 1.1.3. And I still have no clue.:( I want to customize my phone but am not sure if its possible. Heres what I have,

iPhone 1.1.3 (when i bought it the 1.1.2 was installed) upgraded before i came to this forum. Service with AT&T

Mac os x (leopard)

iTunes 7.6

So my question is, can I do it or not? If I can, I would love a step by step tutorial. I've searched a million times but I seem to get more lost. Thanks in advance:)

P.S. I tried downgrading to 1.1.1 but didn't work. So I had to restore back to 1.1.3

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I have been trying without much luck and i also have a 1.1.2 otb upgraded to 1.1.3 and mac os x leopard with iTunes 7.6

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Hey everyone,

Could someone please help me out? I've been reading so many threads about jailbreaking 1.1.3. And I still have no clue.:( I want to customize my phone but am not sure if its possible. Heres what I have,

iPhone 1.1.3 (when i bought it the 1.1.2 was installed) upgraded before i came to this forum. Service with AT&T (no sim card)

Mac os x (leopard)

iTunes 7.6

So my question is, can I do it or not? If I can, I would love a step by step tutorial. I've searched a million times but I seem to get more lost. Thanks in advance:)

P.S. I tried downgrading to 1.1.1 but didn't work because I don't have a sim card. So I had to restore back to 1.1.3
How can you have service w/ATT and have no sim card? How can your iPhone work properly w/o a sim card?

Jan 13, 2008
It was sealed in the box. The sales person didn't mention anything about a sim card. So I assumed there was none. Unless it came from the factory with one installed. How do I remove the cover to check?

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
on the top of your iPhone there is a little hole next to the headphone jack strightin out a paper clip and stick it in there and that piece will pop out and thats where the sim card is. all iPhones come with one.

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Hey everyone,

iPhone 1.1.3 (when i bought it the 1.1.2 was installed) upgraded before i came to this forum. Service with AT&T

Mac os x (leopard)

iTunes 7.6

P.S. I tried downgrading to 1.1.1 but didn't work. So I had to restore back to 1.1.3
Downgrading to 1.1.1 and then jailbreaking it worked for me...all you hae to do is follow x666x's thread or John's thread and it will work...but before you even bother with that (since native apps are inevitable and imminent), how do you want to customize your phone? Because summerboard and customize don't work with 1.1.3 yet (to the best of my knowledge). So if thats what you are thinking (custom themes, home screen background, etc.) i would just hold off till the SDK comes out and apps like hose (summerboard, customize, etc) are native (run on non-jailbroken iPhones).

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Customize and Summerboard do indeed work as of this posting :)

I've just reuploaded all my Summerboard themes now and, yep, they work!

Refresh your installer SVT!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Hey Bro..... take it easy on that keyboard man. I haven't checked in for awhile, hope things are cool in OH. Looks like I'm gonna have to start thinking about upgrading to 1.13. Later dude.
Things are COLD in Ohio! How ya been, Devil-dog?
Yeah, upgrade. It's all jailbroken with most 3rd party apps working.