I'm new here, question about IM and SMS

Kelloggz

Sep 12, 2007
Hey guys I just came aboard and I love this site.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
I have a quick question about sms and i.m.

I would rather use an i.m. program and save some cash instead of buying more text messages. I know that at$t charges for sms but is there an i.m.
program on iPhone that will allow me to send it as data so that I don't incur charges as sms text messages.
I heard that AIM still counts as text messaging..

Please help, you guys are awesome..

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida

I would rather use an i.m. program and save some cash instead of buying more text messages. I know that at$t charges for sms but is there an i.m.
program on iPhone that will allow me to send it as data so that I don't incur charges as sms text messages.

Any of the apps (Like ApolloIM) will use SMS and cost you. If you go web based like http://iPhone.beejive.com then it counts as data.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007

Your so dumb, lol, just kidding mate. Its Sushi. This site is awsome, I am modding my iPhone rightnow

Sep 12, 2007
is there anything on internet that you can use to send sms msgs to a phone throught the internet or an email account so it doesn't cost bookoo $:laugh2: to send sms

new b

Thanks

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
is ther anything on internet that u can use to send msgs to a phone like a sms exept throught internet so it doesn't cost bookoo $:laugh2:

new b

Thanks
you can input phone numbers as "buddies" on AIM those numbers will show up to act just like a screen name. you can txt them, and they can txt u back. free. of course u need your apolloIM or mobilechat to get on the AIM service.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
you can input phone numbers as "buddies" on AIM those numbers will show up to act just like a screen name. you can txt them, and they can txt u back. free. of course u need your apolloIM or mobilechat to get on the AIM service.
No you don't. Look up AIM-to-SMS in google. AIM can be done from just about any cell equipped to do SMS, and through SMS. I use it every single day.

Only good if you have unlimited texts though.