I'm Rather Confused

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

drogie

Sep 21, 2007
HI my first post here so here goes.....
i live in england and was wondering if i may ask a few questions as i can never seem to find answers when i use google.

i know that the iPhone uses edge so is o2 the only company that offers this?

if i import an iPhone from america, as its much cheaper will i be able to use it over here when they are released?

also am i right in thinking they don't require sim cards?

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
HI my first post here so here goes.....
i live in england and was wondering if i may ask a few questions as i can never seem to find answers when i use google.

i know that the iPhone uses edge so is o2 the only company that offers this?

if i import an iPhone from america, as its much cheaper will i be able to use it over here when they are released?

also am i right in thinking they don't require sim cards?

I ve just imported one last week and i m using a t-mobile sim and its picking up edge.

Yes youll still be able to use it when there released, but it will still need to be unlocked.

Yes they require sim cards.

Hope that helps.

drogie

Sep 21, 2007
I ve just imported one last week and i m using a t-mobile sim and its picking up edge.

Yes youll still be able to use it when there released, but it will still need to be unlocked.

Yes they require sim cards.

Hope that helps.
thanks a lot!
i am currently on an o2 sim only tarrif... will i be able to use that.
also it dodgy unlocking it could it mess it up?

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
Once you ve unlocked your phone you should be able to use the o2 sim.

Its really easy to unlock your phone, i used iPhonesimfree, however i ve been having a conversation with another guy on here that says its just as easy to use the free method anysim. i cant comment on that but the one i used was a piece of piss.

The only thing i would say is if your worried about locking your phone up etc, don't try modding it, i did and i had abrick for 24 hours until something finally worked to free it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Welcome to EIP.

O2 is not the only company that offers EDGE, T-Mobile and AT&T do as well.

Smart move. Only thing is, one bought in the US will have an AT&T SIM, so you'll have to buy an O2 SIM before activating.

Yes, all iPhones require SIMs.