I'm ready to mod.. Can you confirm a few questions?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
First off, what I would like to do is change my icons to Katra's Ultimate Icon suite and add my own wallpaper behind the springboard.

I'm going to jailbreak my 1.1.2 phone later tonight with Chris716's excellent tutorial, then install Summerboard.

Do I need to grab Community Sources first before I can see/access Summerboard?

Then, if I understand this correctly, I need ibrickr (for Windows) to interface with Summerboard's directories? Or does ibrickr access the phone's directories? And which version should I use?

Is the dim wallpaper setting still buggy?

That's all I can think of for now. Any pointers or suggestions? Am I on the right track here?

Thanks very much
FDDB

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
First off, what I would like to do is change my icons to Katra's Ultimate Icon suite and add my own wallpaper behind the springboard.

I'm going to jailbreak my 1.1.2 phone later tonight with Chris716's excellent tutorial, then install Summerboard.

Do I need to grab Community Sources first before I can see/access Summerboard?
FDDB - You are going to want Community Sources to view almost 80% of the packages available, including Summerboard and Customize.

Then, if I understand this correctly, I need ibrickr (for Windows) to interface with Summerboard's directories? Or does ibrickr access the phone's directories? And which version should I use?
I personally use iBrickr but Ive read on these boards of others that it doesn't work for. I have the newest version which is 0.91. The website says it wont work on 1.1.1 phones but it has worked for me since 1.0.2.
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

Ive seen others use WinSCP but I don't know anything about it.

Is the dim wallpaper setting still buggy?
Yes which I hope they fix soon, for some reason I used that a lot.

That's all I can think of for now. Any pointers or suggestions? Am I on the right track here?

Thanks very much
FDDB
I don't really have any pointers other then loading additional sources to the Installer app. A lot of people post about a cool app and 9 times out of 10 you need more sources to find it.
More sources:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/add-all-installer-sources-for-maximum-app-selection.15770/

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Everything works perfect. Pretty damn sweet! Running the phiberglass theme too. Thanks Chris!

Hung up on one thing right now. I've uploaded some new icons via ibricker into their respective directory and I can see them in Customize under display order, but they haven't change on the springboard?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
you can try turning the phone off then back on or if you have summerboard app go into it and scroll to the bottom and hit the button that says reset springboard... See if that works...

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
you can try turning the phone off then back on or if you have summerboard app go into it and scroll to the bottom and hit the button that says reset springboard... See if that works...
nope neither of those helped..:(

EDIT: OK i figured out why they're not showing up. It's the theme I'm using when I revert to the default theme they show up, but not in the theme I want to use.

oh and the dock app kicks ass!

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah that dock app rocks i love it i wish they would have place the thing in another corner though i always bump in on accident..

Dec 13, 2007
utah
I downloaded a themes from this site, it is a ".artwork" file. can any one tell me how to get that to my phone. where do I put that file? do I need to separate anything?

thanks for your help.

ps. is any one has anything cool they can send me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

daltonhansen@gmail.com