I'm ready to push the button on 3.0 Install here...but..

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Gonna do this when I get home tonight...
Really wanna make sure I got all my ducks in order...(really nervous fr some reason LOL )
-Registered Developer
-Extracted the ipsw from Apples Dmg
-Registered my device's ID
-I'm gonna shift-Update

And hopefully enjoy these changes
Anything I'm missing guys? (Sorry to be such a puss..!)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Did you either A) Pay the $99 or B) Get added as a beta tester from someone else who paid $99? If no to both, get ready for a brick!

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
would anyone be willing to add me to theirs so i don't have to pay 99 dollars lol :-D

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Did you either A) Pay the $99 or B) Get added as a beta tester from someone else who paid $99? If no to both, get ready for a brick!
Uh, yeah!....paid the $99....

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Did you add your UDID to the iPhone beta tester list or whatever?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
And what Im scared of IS the brick...thats why I'm asking about any further things to be aware of by the time I get home tonight..
Thanks

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Well even if you brick it, you can unbrick it by adding your UDID to the beta tester list. So you needn't worry. You could even call Apple support on this since you are doing this totally legit

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Well even if you brick it, you can unbrick it by adding your UDID to the beta tester list. So you needn't worry. You could even call Apple support on this since you are doing this totally legit
Hey, just wanna clarify, by beta tester list you mean enter the device id (found on iTunes summary page)....and enter it in the devices list on my developer account, I assume

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Hey, just wanna clarify, by beta tester list you mean enter the device id (found on iTunes summary page)....and enter it in the devices list on my developer account, I assume
Ya, your UUID, not your serial number. You can get it by downloading the BetaHelper app or there's a way to do it in iTunes but I don't remember how. You actually would know more about this since I'm just telling you what I have been hearing online from others, i.e. second hand info :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
In iTunes, you click on serial number and it changes to UDID number. Edit > Copy

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Ya, your UUID, not your serial number. You can get it by downloading the BetaHelper app or there's a way to do it in iTunes but I don't remember how. You actually would know more about this since I'm just telling you what I have been hearing online from others, i.e. second hand info :)
Hey first ,I gotta thank you for all the help you've given to all about 3.0.
yeah, in iTunes, in summary, if you single click the serial number or whatever near the top, it changes into your 40 digit device number
cheers

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Morning, OK I've been added as a dev lol and have a copy of 3.0 and i have been told it's better to go with add new device as opposed to restore from backup because it's less buggy and youtube works - what's the consensus -new device or restore ? Thanks

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Morning, OK I've been added as a dev lol and have a copy of 3.0 and i have been told it's better to go with add new device as opposed to restore from backup because it's less buggy and youtube works - what's the consensus -new device or restore ? Thanks
I also went with a fresh install. Took a bit to get all the settings back where they were, but it seems to run fine....

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008

i have talked to a dev and he will allow me to use his service, i downloaded what appears to be 3.0, 184mg. I am using windows, can someone give me a step by step. Will i loose anything after i do this update? Tthanks for you help.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I also went with a fresh install. Took a bit to get all the settings back where they were, but it seems to run fine....
Is there any way to do a fresh install without losing all your text messages?

badge

Bronze
Feb 23, 2009
Bristol UK
hi if you have a 3g phone this is the file name iPhone1,2_3.0_7A238j_Restore and is 229mb.. if its 2g it will be 1.1 30i think